• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV or the internet. Which could you give up for a year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TV or the internet. Which could you give up for a year?

I voted internet. Until within the past 4-5 years we did not have internet, but with my wife's college classes we have to have it. But if push came to shove I could do without it.
    That Ice Road Trucker have a lot of guts. I drove semi trucks for several years and the most scared I have EVER been is driving a semi on ice. Call me a wimp, but there was a lot of other things I would have rather been doing at that time!
    Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I rarely watch the toob so it's technically gone already. Internet has been mainstay in my house for the past uhmmm...... somewhere between 15 and 20 years I think..... well back before the beginning of the WWW. I started when you did everything from a command prompt, telnet, smtp, finger etc. and the only access I had was by using a dumb terminal with a terminal node controller hooked up to a 2 meter ham radio rig, using ham frequencies to connect to a computer/radio at the local university. Years later we actually got an account so we could dial in to the university with computer and phone modem.... Ah, the good old days..... 300 baud acoustic was the norm and then we got the blistering fast 9600 baud........

You can take my TV but you'll have to pry this keyboard from my cold, dead fingers!

Regards

Christian

Comment

tv. probably only seen maybe 3-4hrs of tv in the last month. had a storm that took out internet and power for 6 days-- no .net was miserable the first night on my laptop.
        2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

I picked internet. Just for one reason (NO MORE HOME IMPROVEMENT). I'm a huge Tim Allen fan and I watch the show alot. Plus I have a blackberry what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

Comment

In these trying economic times I -had- to make a choice, and tv got the heave-ho...

Actually to be quite honest, it was cable tv that got deleted, and I now have a spiffy tv antenna clamped to my deck railing that pulls in HD very nicely - with the only REAL problem being that the content is mostly God-TV/Spanish God-TV/commercials-r-us and genuine ****.

About the only thing I watch is Charlie Sheen in 'Two and Half Men', and a few things now and again from hulu.com.

I don't miss having 523 channels of 'nothing on'.

Mike
            Finally learning how to shine sheet-metal!
            Pictures live here!

Comment

Easy question. TV!

Comment

TV totally, but can we still watch youtube videos?
                A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

Sports would be the only problem.... I mean, I could use an excuse to go to the bar more often....
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I vote to give up TV. I have 200+ channels and seem to watch Top Gear, Fox News, and reruns of Seinfeld. That's it.
                    2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
                    2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Definitley tv. If i have the internet i can still get on MOL and can also keep up on motocross and supercross. I am trying to remember what my life was like without the internet. lol
                      Tracy
                      765-413-7547
                      Autobritedetailing@gmail.com

Comment

Television was my vote. My kids lose TV prilivedges when their grades and chrores are not done and franky it gives me more time to detail my rides.

Internet:

TV:

Comment

probably TV.
                          as long as I can still play GTA 4, midnight club LA, and watch movies, then I can live without cable or satellite.
                          Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                          baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

If such a choice had to be made it would mean an end to life as we know it on this planet.

Comment

TV. My family (wife and 3 girls) went without tv for a year in 1998. Was hard a first but did'nt really miss it after about a month. Was the best year I think we had together. Spent alot more time with each for sure.
                              Professional Automotive Reconditioning Services
                              "You scuff it-I buff it!"

Comment

I can do without the internet, but not my TV. Too much good stuff on right now!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');