• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i clayed ,cleaned,polished and waxed .whats next ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i clayed ,cleaned,polished and waxed .whats next ?

So 4 days and 2 weekends later im finally done lol
    I clayed , applied 2 light coats of ultimate compound , 1 light coat of colorx , and 2 light coats of nxt 2.0.

So what now .. i drive the car once a week on the hiway less than 50 miles , rest of the time its in a garage collecting tons of dust .I go over it once or twice a week with the califoria car duster .And i plan on using the ultimate quik detailer any time i take it out .

My question i suppose is how often should i clean it with soap and water now --and when i do clean it will that cause the wax to come off also then everytime i clean it i have to rewax also ?

Another question .. Is it a waste of time using colorX on a clear coat ?should i just go with a pure polish for clear coats ?

Re: so i clayed ,cleaned,polished and waxed .whats next ?

Use the CD and UQD
    Then wash as needed
    Some wax will be removed but not enough to notice right away, should last 3 months or more
    Wax it when you notice the water "sticking" to the paint or after you clay it to remove the fallout on the paint
    If ColorX works then use it, I don't.
    You can put any kind of wax on a CC, it's all paint, and car wax is made for all paint.

Comment

You should wash it when you think it's dirty! There really is no hard and fast rule regarding washing... Some people wash their vehicles every weekend, others go for a month or more between washes. It's up to you. Simply washing your vehicle won't strip your wax in one shot. It should last a few washes at least. Car wax durability is something that can't really nailed down. You don't drive your car on a daily basis and it isn't sitting outside all the time so you should get some decent mileage from your wax.

ColorX is an all-in-one product. It has chemical cleaners, diminishing abrasives, polishing oils, and wax. It's certainly not a waste of time on a clear coat. A pure polish usually means just polishing oils to help boost the looks of your paint (to the best of my understanding anyways!) What you use for that step is again up to you and what you think your car needs!

Comment

Try and use a soap that is recommended for cars like the Gold Class or the Deep Crystal car wash, it is not as harsh on your paint as say Dawn dish soap.
        Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

your next step is to maintain the finish. if you havent already, go purchase some high quality car wash soap such as Gold Class or NXT Car wash. Keep in mind to be using the two bucket method, grit guards, good quality washing/drying tools etc.

After you wash your car, boost the NXT 2.0 that is currently on the finish by using Ultimate Quik Wax. Then to remove daily dust use something like Last Touch or Ultimate Quik Detailer with a good quality microfiber, such as the Supreme Shines.

By doing this the car will always look great and it will be easy to take care of from now on.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

sit back and enjoy your work!

Comment

Originally posted by stangone50 View Post
              My question i suppose is how often should i clean it with soap and water now --and when i do clean it will that cause the wax to come off also then everytime i clean it i have to rewax also?
              As others have mentioned, there is no formula. Wash your car when you need to. Given that you have a garage queen, you won't need to wash it as frequently as those of us who drive our cars on a daily basis. But as Tuck states, be sure to use a good quality shampoo.

Another question .. Is it a waste of time using colorX on a clear coat? should i just go with a pure polish for clear coats ?
              Now that you have polished your car so effectively, I doubt you will need to use ColorX on your garage queen any time in the near future. Instead use Ultimate Quik Wax as your maintenance wax, and add a fresh coat of NXT every few months. That will keep your car looking brilliantly.

If you reach a time when you want to strip off the wax and start all over again (an annual event?), then that would be the time for you to clay the car and reach for your bottle of ColorX. ColorX will remove previously applied wax, embedded grime, contaminants, and minor swirling. Then top with a coat or two of NXT, and you will be set for another year.

Cheers,
              Al
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

My parents' Honda Odyssey is garaged all the time, and only gets driven maybe 2 or 3 times a month. With that being the case, it gets washed every 4 - 7 weeks (or when I notice that there's more than just a light layer of dust), and clayed and waxed once or twice a year. For a car that's constantly garaged and hardly driven, that's really all it needs.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I normally try to wash my car once every 2 months. I know that may sound a long time but I work shifts and it doesn't help.

Your asking whats next. Well what care have you done to the wheels? (Are they alloys or steelies?) Is the interior trim in order? I normally spend the whole weekend cleaning my car, the first day will be the body work while the second day will be the interior and some times wheels (if brake dust is pitting).

Comment

Just maintain it as others have said. I only wash when needed. No hard and fast rule.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

whats the differance between the quik wax and quik detailer ?

Comment

Originally posted by stangone50 View Post
                        whats the differance between the quik wax and quik detailer ?
                        quik detailer is designed to be used for light dust, fingerprints, and smudges. therefore it is safe to use if you have a little dust on your car.

quik wax is a spray wax that acts a booster wax of what is currently on the surface of your car. So say you apply a coat of Gold Class Wax and after each wash you use quik wax for added protection.

quik wax should only be used on a car that is clean. So use it after you have washed the car or wiped it down with a quik detailer.
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

How about this from the How To Articles forum?

How to maintain your car's finish in-between polishing sessions

It's easy to find both the "Hot Topics" forum and the "How To Articles" forum just look for the below on the forum homepage in the center column.

Have Questions? Looking for Answers?
                          So much good, practical and helpful information in the "Information Station" like these two forum groups.

Hot Topics
                          How To Articles

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');