• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish!

So I decided to go ahead and try out Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish. I had been using Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish to polish my muffler and exhaust pipe with OK results, but I was hoping for something a little better. Boy was I ever amazed. I think my muffler and exhaust pipe shine better now than when I bought them! And it seemed like the more I did it, the more shine I got! Love the cinnamon smell too versus a metal polish smell. Thank you Meguiar's for another fabulous product!

By the way, those two components are 3-4 years old. Anybody have any idea what the muffler and exhaust pipe are made of? I was never really sure...
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: Love Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum Polish!

Stainless steel. Maybe aluminized?

Looks great by the way.
    Alex C.

Comment

Your muffler and tailpipe look new. Way to go.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

looks great, nice work thanks for taking the time to share that with us.

I too love HR Mag and Aluminum Polish for my exhaust tip. I also like the fact that the polish is in a nice wide mouth can and has the excellent cinammon smell, makes metal polishing a more enjoyable experience.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hi sieracl,If your exhaust is standard original parts from the manufacturer,it will be a mild steel/Alloy.Too keep them looking good,you'll have to keep on top of the polishing.Maybe every couple of weeks to a month.If you get a lot of bad weather,you normally get the recommended life out of them.If you've got good weather all year round,you can get considerably longer,maybe twice the life span.

Comment

Can this stuff be used to polish factory painted wheels? I've been looking for polishes for painted wheels but all I see in stores is mag and aluminum polish.

Comment

No, for painted wheels, you would use paint care products. ( other than matte wheels)
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');