• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low gloss tire dressing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low gloss tire dressing?

I'm looking for a product that will give my tires a natural satin look. And not turn milky when it rains or gets wet from washing.

Re: Low gloss tire dressing?

Some of it will come down to your tires. Different ones can make the same dressing behave differently.

I have actually had good results on my tires with Nxt Insane Shine and the All Season Dressing. Both are real high gloss for a day or so, then turn a rich matte black for a good while.

One of the keys to tires though is to make sure the tires are clean. I clean my tires with All Purpose Cleaner and an brush during each wash.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Read through these threads and see if any of the products mentioned are to your liking:

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing Review

Low Gloss Tire Dressing Recommendation

Hot Shine Tire Gel

Hope this helps!
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Tuf Shine looks to be a good product also. Leaves a nice matte finish.
        Hitachi SP 18VA & PCXP
        Rides: 94 XJ & 04 Explorer XLT

Comment

Endurance tire gel is pretty wet looking at first, but after the first rain storm, your tires should then give you the appearance you desire and it will last for almost 3 weeks. That's been my personal experience with Endurance High Gloss.

Comment

M40 Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner and Conditioner will give you a more matte look.
            NXT Insane Shine looks matte after a couple days with daily drivivng.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish. It's cheap, can find it anywhere, and lasts weeks.

Comment

Hyper dressing for that seriously wet look, lasts about a week!
                All season dressing looks super wet at first, then soaks in and leaves a nice new tire look!
                I love both of them
                www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

I use ASD in the Detailer line, it doesn't make them shiny like Hot Shine or Endurance does but it does make them deep and dark looking and holds up really well.

Comment

Most of the higher shine products look matte if wiped down after application.
                    Jim
                    My Gallery

Comment

I love the new Supreme Shine! Gives a nice low gloss deep black look and is DRY to the touch. Does not attract dust and no sling. Has UV protection so that's a plus.
                      Barry

Comment

I have had good luck with optimum tire shine, it leaves the look I'm after satin matte.
                        I was just wondering if Meguiars had something equal to this product. I'm running low on the optimum and figured I would try a Meguiars tire product. since I have so many Meguiars products I like i thought I'd give a tire dressing a shot.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');