• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking under a tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking under a tree?

No way. I used to do this long ago, for shade. On a beautiful day in Jan 1990 at Fort Lee, VA, I did this. Came back out that afternoon and found a huge dead limb broke off of the tree, and smashed the roof of my car (which was a 1985 Toyota Celica). Yes, I got it fixed, but it never looked the same. Since then, I have never parked my car under a tree.
    2006 Black Dodge Charger SRT8
    2007 Dark Blue Mini Cooper S

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NOT!.....

I know this is extreme, but I would rather enjoying driving my vehicle than cleaning up all the nasty sap or bird droppings....

I prefer to park remotely away from other vehicles to avoid dings or dents and I park under nothing unless it's my garage....
      David M. Sylican
      Innovative Detailing
      Headlight Lens Restoral
      Detailing Caddy
      Join us on Facebook

Comment

I would have to say maybe. It really all depend where you are at, the weather conditions ie. windy and if its a tall tree. I occasionally will park under the a tree for some shade but I decide by using the criteria from above.

Comment

If and only if its Africa hot that day.

Comment

I guess it depends on how long you park there...

I hear ya though with the AZ heat - but I still park in the open, crack the windows, put up the window shade. Oh, and run the AC for a few min before getting back into it!
            The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
            --VoicesInMyHead--
            0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');