• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking under a tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parking under a tree?

Depends on how long I'm parking there for. I think for a short period of time is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
      Depends on the tree,but i'm no tree surgeon.

i agree with this. most pine/evergreen trees will throw sap on your car from needles/cones not to mention the pollen that comes off of them during certain parts of the year.

you just need to be observant of what species of tree you park under!
      2007 Flint Mica Scion tC

Comment

I like the shade a tree can give, but don't park under an evergreen, or worse yet a willow tree.
        r. b.

Comment

I vote no. Just got done dealing with all the sap on my car last weekend!

Andy
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I vote no. I have a tree that overhangs my driveway (its a rental so I cant cut it down) and I get leaves and **** on the car all the time. Id rather have that though than risk parking it on the street. Gives me an excuse to wash it more often

Comment

I just noticed a waterfall of sap pouring from the backside of a tree @ my new house, last night while waxing i saw a few "water drops" went to wipe them off with the supreme shine and smudged it all over. Tree sap IMO is worse than swirls!
              "Every moment frontin and maxin
              Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
              "

Comment

don't you ever in your cars life ever park under a tree no matter what tree it is. whether its sunny or rainy, parking under any kind of tree is a bit NO NO!

1st - its bird's restroom
                2nd - tree sap is PITA to remove specially those small drops that look like over spray
                3rd - twigs/brances can cause marring, dents, scratches
                4th - small leaves get into the vents, fenders, wiperblades and cause all sorts of nasty's
                5th - everything else that's nasty

Comment

NO, NO , NO, NEVER.

I'd rather take public transit.

Comment

There are a lot of variables when making that choice. What type of tree ? Are you parking short or long term ? Parking in shade to detail or just to escape the heat and sun fade ? I see different answers for all the above.

Paul S
                    Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                    317-513-4678

Comment

I avoid trees. Some of the chemicals that are used on them end up in the berries that the birds eat and then all over my car. No thanks, I'll stick with the sun.

Comment

Parking under a good tree for shade has one pro: Shade.

But the cons really outweigh the pros.

Cons: Bird droppings, tree sap, pollen, squirrels (dropping debris or themselves on your car), broken/dead tree limbs.

I try to stay away from trees as much as possible. I know the pecan trees here are horrible when it comes to sap. The sap is nearly impossible to get off the paint. I will park under a tree to detail, but I also use a pop up canopy too. This not only protects my detail job, but the extra shade really helps out on those long hot days of detailing.
                        2016 Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by rascal View Post
                          Parking under a good tree for shade has one pro: Shade.

But the cons really outweigh the pros.

Cons: Bird droppings, tree sap, pollen, squirrels (dropping debris or themselves on your car), broken/dead tree limbs.

I try to stay away from trees as much as possible. I know the pecan trees here are horrible when it comes to sap. The sap is nearly impossible to get off the paint. I will park under a tree to detail, but I also use a pop up canopy too. This not only protects my detail job, but the extra shade really helps out on those long hot days of detailing.
                          Yeah...not to mention the dead limbs that fall out if the wind picks up.
                          r. b.

Comment

I choose to park next to a curb in my high school parking lot. All of my fellow seniors do not know how to open doors without slamming the car next to them. It just so happens that an evergreen hangs over that curb spot so I am in a bind. I choose the tree over a new ding each day.
                            Tedrow's Detailing
                            845-642-1698
                            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I don't park under trees for shade. I'd rather deal with the hot car. Too many opportunities for falling sap, berries, sticks/branches, birds dropping "things"... I've seens sooo many cars become a complete mess from parking under a tree. I always wonder, was it worth it?
                              -----

Comment

Originally posted by coopers23 View Post
                                I choose to park next to a curb in my high school parking lot. All of my fellow seniors do not know how to open doors without slamming the car next to them. It just so happens that an evergreen hangs over that curb spot so I am in a bind. I choose the tree over a new ding each day.
                                In your case, it's literally the lesser of 2 evils. You're probably right in saying that under the tree is better than a ding/dent. And it's not just your high school parking lot - it's ALL parking lots. People have no regard for others' cars.

I always think: "Just because you don't care about YOUR car, it doesn't give you the right to fling your door open into MINE..."
                                -----

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');