• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parking under a tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking under a tree?

Is it a good idea or bad idea, in a hot location, to park under a tree for shade?

Living in Arizona, for a few days I thought it was a good idea. Until I got tree sap, leaves, dust, and bird droppings over my car. The trees here are also pretty pathetic and some only offer a small portion of shade.

Now I park in an open area of my work's parking lot, but my car is burning hot when it's time to go home.
    Yes
    8.40%
    No
    62.60%
    Maybe
    29.01%

Re: Parking under a tree?

It depends on if anything is falling off the tree like sap etc, or if there are lots of birds in the area pooping from the tree on your car.

If there is nothing falling on your paint, then yes, but if there is sap leaves dust and poo like you have said without very much shade, I wouldn't bother.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

For shade yes.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

I would rather take my chances in the hot car. Too many contaminants are associated with the tree.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

In this particular case I'd deal with heat.

Comment

NEVER. I always end up with bird doo-doo on the car!

Comment

I actually pick and choose which trees to park under and which to stay away from. Sap and bird poo are always on my mind though.

Oh yeah, i voted "maybe".
              Last edited by Alex C.; May 27, 2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: voted maybe
              Alex C.

Comment

I don't bother with the shade. I always start my car and open my windows before doing a walk around it before going back in. By that time the car is cool enough not to kill me lol
                Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

On the very rare occasion when I have to park in a lot. I park as far as I can and dangerously close to the curb. Sometimes that spot happens to be under a tree. Oh well. I'd rather get dirty than get more dings.

Tinted windows, cold AC and remote start. Sometimes it gets too cold!
                  Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                  baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I park in the shade of trees.
                    I don't park where I can see poo on the ground and never under anything

Comment

The middle of a parking lot makes you buy a sunshade for the window, that's for sure! Otherwise I'll shoot for the shade of a tree, not under the tree. As the sun moves I loose the shade, but some is better than none.

Comment

Depends on the tree,but i'm no tree surgeon.

Comment

I avoid trees at all costs. I'd rather have a hot car than a dirty one.
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I am avoiding trees as much as possible now because of tree sap and bird poo and other **** that might fall on your car. Just invest in a good car shade and open the doors to let the hot air out when you get back to your car

Comment

Bird droppings. Sap.
                              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                              Calais Auto Detailing
                              CalaisDetails@aim.com
                              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');