• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Garage?

I am going to clay my truck but I have no garage. Should I wait until later in the day when the sun isn't as strong?

Also, can I use scratch x for hard water spots and overspray?

Re: No Garage?

It will be cooler in the early morning, that would tend to be a better time to work on the paint, if that's not an option then wait till it cools off and the sun is getting lower in the sky.

Can you borrow some shade from a nearby building?

You can use ScratchX to remove the etchings often left by water spots, the new ScratchX 2.0 version will work faster than the older version, you can use it or Ultimate Compound.

Claying usually is used for overspray, so try that first.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Is color x worth using? I drive a 06 chevrolet colorado that has been babied. Does it affect fairly new paint?

I can use shade in the afternoon, i'll do that.

Comment

Look at your paint in the sun. If there are minor swirls on it, Color X will help remove some of these swirls depending on their severity. If you somehow have managed to keep a flawless finish, then just top it with NXT 2.0.

In the end, using Color X will not hurt, so if you have the time go ahead. I would suggest topping it with NXT2.0 or another LSP just because it will provide better protection.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

There are a few swirls. I get confused with colorx, sratchx, swirlx and ultimate. I guess I just don't know what is right for my truck as far as scratches go.

Comment

I would not choose ColorX if you really want to remove siwlrs/scratches.

You will want to use the dedicated cleaning products, SwirlX, Scratchx 2.0 ,UC.

As far as which one is right, you will just have to do a test spot for that, and see what works.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');