• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use after sanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use after sanding

Hey Guys,

What do you use as follow-up to sanding? I hope you could recommend something that goes well with yellow pad.

Well, I have these surface imperfections caused by bird droppings. It's like the surface melted! Like someone drop'd some bits of acid on the surface. Also, there are some tree sap droppings on the roof that have somewhat adhered totally to the surface after getting baked under the humid asian sun. Can't take em out by clay, paint cleaner, scratch remover or any type of tar remover. I figured sanding would be the only solution to this. After sanding, the surface is somewhat mired... what is a good followup to this? Medium Cut or Compound power cleaner? Something that would be a good combo to the yellow pad?

thanks

by the way I have a Rotary...
    Check out My Sounddomain Page! Click here

#84 Compound Power Cleaner

Comment

Hey,

I would also suggest the #84 Compound Power Cleaner but with a W-7006 Cutting Pad. Some OEM paints can be quite hard. As such, you will need a fairly aggressive product and pad to remove the marks. Run the rotary at ~ 1750 rpm and check constantly that you are not heating the paint too much.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

cam you use 84 w/ a polishing pad?

Comment

I asked the same question a while back.
          Your answer may be here:

Hypothetically Speaking
          Rich
          If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
          DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK