• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some pics of the Cutlass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some pics of the Cutlass

Well, I finally decided to get some pics of my car on here. It's a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL with 120,000 miles on the odometer. I love this car. It might be a bit boring, but it's mine! This car has got the toughest clearcoat I've ever seen. I've tried Scratch X 2.0, Swirl X, and Ultimate Compound with near zero results trying to remove swirls. I tried Auto Magic No. 110 Power Cut Plus, which as you can see by the abrasive meter at the bottom of the bottle is a fairly strong compound. I like this compound because it doesn't cause marring of its own - I used it once to remove scratches made from a dog's claws on a lady's trunk. What kind of results did I get from my car? Butkus. You have to try like mad to even put scratches in this thing. I drove through some bushes and stuff the other day just to see what would happen (yes, I know I'm crazy, it's a Cutlass, not a Wrangler) and it didn't even scratch it. What the hell?! So I've given up on trying to remove swirls on this car. I think it would require either a DA or a rotary and just the right product combo. So I just clay it and wax it and let it go at that, since at this point that's all I can do. Oh well. I clayed and waxed this thing the other night. Had to rinse it off today before I could take pics because there was so much pollen on it. Here's some pics. Enjoy!

Auto Magic No. 110 Power Cut Plus

Process:
    Wash with 2 bucket method (no grit guards), microfiber chenille mitt, Deep Crystal Car Wash
    Clay with blue Clay Magic and Quik Detailer
    Wash again
    Wax with Auto Magic Awesome Gloss via orbital
    Remove excess, wait 15 minutes
    NXT 2.0 by hand
    3M Performance Finish on the front bumper (since that's kind of a hard area to access, I wanted a wipe on, wipe off product)
    UQD wipedown

Hood reflection

Another hood reflection

Another hood reflection

Reflection off the roof

Reflection off the trunk

Hubcaps, cleaned with Meguiar's Chrome Wheel cleaner and scrubbed with a toothbrush

Interior

I've had this car for about 4 years, so I guess she's still worth keeping. Question: what's the best option to get my hubs looking their best? Would Hot Rims Chrome Polish do any good?
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: some pics of the Cutlass

Well I do not know anyone that could argue that your car is one of the cleanest Cieras out there. That almost has to look better than new. Have you got to use a PC or G110 on your car?? That might be the key to taking it to the next level!
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Me Ohhh myyyyy that is 1 nice Cutty. I must say I am in love. Regarding your hubs do you know what they are made of, My guess is plastic, if thats the case I would probably use the least aggressive wheel cleaner which is Hot Rims Multi Piece wheel cleaner.
      Drive her Fast but Wax her slow

Comment

Ahhh, very nice. That interior is CLEAN!
        Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc1500 View Post
          Me Ohhh myyyyy that is 1 nice Cutty. I must say I am in love. Regarding your hubs do you know what they are made of, My guess is plastic, if thats the case I would probably use the least aggressive wheel cleaner which is Hot Rims Multi Piece wheel cleaner.
          Thank you for the compliment! I honestly don't know what the hubs are made of. They look like chrome, but I don't think they're honest to goodness chrome. Probably more like imitation chrome. I don't know. The type of cleaner I use on them doesn't seem to make a difference - I've used degreaser, Megs All Wheel Cleaner, and Megs Chrome Wheel Cleaner, and I really haven't been able to pick up any difference between them (visually, anyway). So I don't know if a polish will do any good or not. I've used Mother's Chrome Polish on them with no difference, and I've used Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish on them with no difference (I used the Ice stuff because I don't like it on paint and I don't know what else to do with it - I still have an almost full bottle left). So at this point I'm stumped. Are there any Oldsmobile forums that might discuss this? Are there any Oldsmobile forums at all?
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');