• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xzilon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xzilon

any opinions? im working for a BMW dealership now and thats their big thing, the "Xzilon" protectant they charge an arm and a leg for...

whenever i put it on, i never see the car or wash it again so as for durability, i question it. obviously it doesnt protect against scratches and things like that, but as for reviews.... fill me in?

thanks!

im still a tried and true meguiars fan but i wanna know whats the deal with Xzilon (pronounced z-eye-lawn)

Re: Xzilon

I had it applied on my car when I got it. The product worked OK. No real shine or slickness. After that the paint got lots of fallout after 2 months. My interior which was treated got dye stained that could not be removed. Paid less than 50 bucks.

This was just my experience about the product and not intended to bash the product as they are well known and used by dealerships. The product is warrantied and you can take it to any authorized place for claims.

Do a search and you will find more info on this. Also look at the Myths section.

Comment

Here ya go

Dedicated thread just for questions about so-called paint protection plans/products

8 pages of opinion

Comment

And some more threads specific to Xzilon protectant
        Last edited by ClearlyCoated; May 8, 2009, 06:56 AM.

Comment

What does your dealership charge for it? I generally hear anywhere from $400 to $600. I have seen it on Ebay for less than $50.

For someone like my uncle who has very bad artritis in his and maintenance detailing is out of the question, Xzilon purchased cheap is probably a decent idea, it does last quite a while.

Comment

wow i didnt know this was so popular of a topic. thanks for the info...

Bert: the dealership i work for charges 700 dollars for the exterior protectant, the mink oil leather conditioner/protectant, and the carpet stain protectant which stinks like rubbing alcohol.
            the thing about it is, they usually offer an introductory price, or a new car purchase price and within ninety days you can get it done for 300 or less. sometimes they also will try to please a customer by offering it cheaper. its a pretty good deal for some pushy customers.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotchevy2000 View Post
              wow i didnt know this was so popular of a topic. thanks for the info...

Bert: the dealership i work for charges 700 dollars for the exterior protectant, the mink oil leather conditioner/protectant, and the carpet stain protectant which stinks like rubbing alcohol.
              the thing about it is, they usually offer an introductory price, or a new car purchase price and within ninety days you can get it done for 300 or less. sometimes they also will try to please a customer by offering it cheaper. its a pretty good deal for some pushy customers.
              I guess. I don't think I would call a wax job for $300 a pretty good deal when you can buy it yourself for less that $50 just by looking around on the net. Sounds like a profit generator for dealerships to me.

Comment

Cleaning and waxing with zylon applied

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong
                I just want to clear the air a bit with Xzilon as our dealership sells the stuff so I have had a bit of experience with it and what it REALLY is. Xzilon a warranty, PERIOD. Basically, they try to sell the dealership with how great this product is, and the salesmen get sold on that the several hundred dollars is going towards the product, not the fact that it is actually just a warranty to cover damage. What Xzilon really is looking for when a claim is filed is if the car has been neglected or not. Trust me, even our own people at our dealer mocks the product itself. However on the flip side, if you look at it from a warranty perspective on that you have a lease car, and something happened (car was egged, spilled and stained the carpet, ect), you don't have to worry about the dealer knocking you for it since it is covered under Xzilon. Two sides to the same coin.

Yes, they put on this stuff on your paint which is a wipe on, wipe off product (hey Mike, I know you have your opinion on this). Overall, the stuff does bead for a bit, but honestly I have found from personally testing it that it protects NO better than even Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, and in fact, I find that it provides '0' protection; let me say that again, 'it provides virtually NO protection'.

Your best bet is to simply go by Meguiar's 5 step process on maintaining a car, and believe me, your car will look much better for much longer. Not only that, but because Meguiar's way of taking care of a car is PROVEN and will keep your car in the best possible condition, when you ever do need to make a claim, believe me, you will have the upper hand compared to someone who just used a wash/wax soap (or even some who were told to JUST use water and rinse it down).
                We no longer really promote Xzilon, and rather just keep it on the options list for when customers specifically ask for it. Also like to add that the story is always the same with all the other dealer applied 'sealants' like Permaplate and such.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');