• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed for Professional Line cleaner/polish/wax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for Professional Line cleaner/polish/wax.

Here's some details of my car and would like some inputs on which Professional line product I should use.

I have a 2006 Nissan 350Z in Pearl White and it's always parked inside the garage overnight. I drive the Z almost everyday to work and during the weekends. I also drive it through out the winter months and here in Toronto, there's snow/salt on the ground for 4-5 months a year. I wash my car by hand twice a month during the summer months and use coin operated pressure wash during the winter months.

I plan to buy a porter cable 7424 to do the detailing starting this year (I used to do it by hand). I only have time to detail my car probably twice a year a most.

I am looking for something long lasting (because I cannot detail the car during the winter months) and can also remove some swrils on the paint. What I am thinking to use is #9 followed by #21 (or #26?).

Any recommedations are welcome.

Thank you.

Re: Advice needed for Professional Line cleaner/polish/wax.

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Cleaner/Polish - #205 Finishing Polish and SwirlX are two new products, not sure if they are available for you yet. #80 Speed Glaze is the old favorite.
    4. Wax - Nxt 2.0 or #21 2.0 would be the more durable choices.
    5. Wax - Two thin coats are best.
    6 Maintain - Using the Ultimate Quick Wax after washing will add a little bit of wax back to the surface, should help extend the life of you wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Advice needed for Professional Line cleaner/polish/wax.

I've had #21 last 6+ months on my vehicles here in northern VT, including my Jeep which gets driven in the winter and parked outside. I haven't waxed my Jeep since last November and when I washed it this past w/n the water still beaded up and sheeted off! I followed up this wash w/ the new UQW, and now I'm not sure if I really need to do a multistep process on my Jeep this year! The finish was so smooth, relfective, and glossy, and it only took about 15 minutes to do the entire vehicle!
      1999 Ford Contour SVT
      Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
      1966/2760

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');