• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Chrysler be the first to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Chrysler be the first to go?

I guess things are not looking too good for Chrystler, they have filed for Chapter Eleven bankruptcy.

Do you think Chrystler will be the first to go?
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Will Chrysler be the first to go?

They could be, but I know they have filed for bankruptcy before so they may stick around a little bit longer. You would think they would get the hint by now

Comment

I believe that Chrysler will emerge as a viable company, albeit smaller car company. Unlike GM, Chrysler did not have a large international presence which the company could help rely on for sales. With the Chapter 11 filing, Chrysler will be able to have time to pay off creditors. If Fiat is successful in buying a large stake in Chrysler, it will allow two direct results. Chrysler will be able to bring a viable small car platform to the States and it will allow Fiat a nice foothold in the US with an established dealer network.

Comment

I agree. I believe Chrysler will emerge stronger and leaner by going through this process.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I would love to see Chrysler succeed for the benefit of helping our great nation, and to pay back at least some of the tax payer money they took...but the problem is they are merging with Fiat.

Fiat is ranked dead last out of 28 auto makers in Europe for quality. That isn't very reassuring...

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
            I would love to see Chrysler succeed for the benefit of helping our great nation, and to pay back at least some of the tax payer money they took...but the problem is they are merging with Fiat.

Fiat is ranked dead last out of 28 auto makers in Europe for quality. That isn't very reassuring...
            Then what does this say about Chrysler's eventual fate?

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
              Then what does this say about Chrysler's eventual fate?
              Exactly, sadly...

Comment

They should bring the Neon back, that's all I know! I'm not alone on that one either...

The Caliber is horrible.

Comment

And the Neon SRT-4 too! 2nd fastest Dodge production car at the time next to the Viper!
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

If they bring back the Neon, I hope they bring back a better one. The Caliber may be horrible, but the Neon wasn't much better.

As far as Chrysler merging with Fiat, I keep reading that this is good for Chrysler because of Fiat's supposed "expertise" with small cars. Whether this will pan out, I'm not sure. But I keep thinking: Is the answer to the Big Three's problems really making competitive small cars?

Personally, I think they should concentrate more on making higher quality and more fuel efficient midsize cars, not small cars. Last I recall, Camrys and Accords outsell Civics and Corollas by a wide margin every year.
                    Ford and GM have it covered with the Fusion and Malibu, but Chrysler has what? The Sebring?! What a joke!!
                    Too much of a good thing is even better!

Comment

It is a mess.
                      Joel
                      Firefighter/EMT-B
                      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                      '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by termigator69 View Post
                        As far as Chrysler merging with Fiat, I keep reading that this is good for Chrysler because of Fiat's supposed "expertise" with small cars. Whether this will pan out, I'm not sure. But I keep thinking: Is the answer to the Big Three's problems really making competitive small cars?

Personally, I think they should concentrate more on making higher quality and more fuel efficient midsize cars, not small cars. Last I recall, Camrys and Accords outsell Civics and Corollas by a wide margin every year.
                        Ford and GM have it covered with the Fusion and Malibu, but Chrysler has what? The Sebring?! What a joke!!
                        Interesting point/question.

In the US the small car segment (subcompacts) makes up less than 5% of total sales. So, although having a nice offering to boost MPG numbers is great, it isn't going to save any company on US soil.

Comment

I just hope nothing happens to the Dodge and Jeep line. Dont really care about Chrysler cars anyway.
                          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
                            I just hope nothing happens to the Dodge and Jeep line. Dont really care about Chrysler cars anyway.
                            Unless another manufacturer buys the names and preserves those lines, I'm afraid they will sink since they are Chrysler brands (that is, if Chrysler doesn't make it).

I think the biggest disappointment was the merger of Mercedes and Chrysler. In my estimation, Mercedes was a much better car before Chrysler got involved.

Comment

I think the Viper will be dead soon.
                              SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');