• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M80 & m83 vs m105 & m205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M80 & m83 vs m105 & m205

hello all!!!

i'm a new around here and i have spend some time reading many different threads here. i used to be into detailing and removing defects about 3 years ago and was a member on here and i'm just now getting back into it. I'm just doing this for my 06 crew cab f150 daily driver. i'm not doing it for business. i just purchased the truck and of course it has swirl marks and some hard water stains. i have a bunch of megs stuff and i got the pc out the other day and done a test spot on the fender to see what i needed to do to remove it. i used m83 and it took care of them decently. i think some of the problem was that
    1. i was using an old gummed up megs polishing pad (the old style ones i thinking 8007 part number?)
    2. I used the wrong speed, i was using i think speed 3

I know that the process with using 83 then following it with 80 is a great combo, but how is it in comparison with the 105 and 205 combo? what are the differences in the products. i know the 105 has more cutting power than 83. btw i am using a pc. next weekend i'm going to do this...here is my approach.

wash with gold class and two bucket meth.
    clay using to soapy water as lube
    dry using WW
    tape off
    then use an 83/80 combo or a 105/205?
    then lsp of m21

it's good to be back into detailing!!

Re: M80 & m83 vs m105 & m205

Originally posted by mmelton005 View Post
    ...I know that the process with using 83 then following it with 80 is a great combo, but how is it in comparison with the 105 and 205 combo?...
    It really doesn't compare. It uses a different abrasive technology, cuts better, finishes just as clean, and reduces your work time...

But if you've had years of experience with the 83/80 combo then stick with that. You stated you're only doing one car so there's no need to buy a bunch of new products or adjust to the slight learning curve of M105/M205. Stick with what you know best and make that truck shine.

Comment

wow very fast reply! i was reading someone on one thread that a guy found a better method with m83 by using 3-6 pea size drops of product on your pad and using speed 6. also i was wanting to try out the new products by megs. for the 105/205 combo do you use polishing pads for both? i was thinking use a finishing pad with 205 but correct me if i'm wrong. Also what are the new techniques to using 105/205 via pc?
      Last edited by mmelton005; May 3, 2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: didn't finish typing

Comment

Even though they use different abrasive technology M105 is just the top con cutting you can get in a compound, it's very aggressive

I should suggest to try M83 again and worked like it's meant to, with a clean pad and speed setting 5 and evaluate your results. Maybe M83 it is all you need to take care of the defects or maybe something more aggressive but not as M105.

Comment

Try these reviews by Tim Lingor. Good reading with some valuable application advice:

**New** Meguiar's #105 Ultra Cut Compound Review!!!!

*NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!

*New* Meguiar's D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream Review!!!

Also, a good heads up on pad priming for the new M105/205 combo:

A look into Pad Priming - The Kevin Brown Method

Comment

Originally posted by mmelton005 View Post
            ...for the 105/205 combo do you use polishing pads for both? i was thinking use a finishing pad with 205 but correct me if i'm wrong...
            I personally like a light cutting/polishing pad for the M105 and a finishing pad for the M205.

Also what are the new techniques to using 105/205 via pc?
            Do a search on "KBM" and "Kevin Brown Method" and you'll find tons of results with pics...

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');