• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xzilon removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xzilon removal?

I'm picking up my new car in a few days (Eclipse GT-P). I got one of those money grab protection packages with it mainly for the rust proofing, bent rim coverage and oil changes. I know you should usually say no, but I know someone who recently had to pay out of pocket for a new rim on a new car. But it also includes some type of xzilon sealant for the paint. Now I always liked to use the Meguiars 3 step paint cleaner, polish and wax on my old Mazda, which made it look amazing. Using anything on the car voids the xzilon warranty, but I don't care about that.

I just want to know a few things:
    1. If it's not to late should I tell them not to put that stuff on even though it's part of the package? Or let them put it on and see how it goes?
    2. If it is put on and I am not happy with the way it looks or protects, can I use the Meguiars cleaner to scrub it off and do the 3 step like normal? Or will it not fully come off and just look terrible?

Thanks in advance!

Re: xzilon removal?

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
    I would have them not touch the car.
    Then when you get it;
    Wash
    Clay
    Polish with what ever is needed Swirl X or Ultimate Compound
    Wax-NXT 2.0
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

DON'T LET THEM RUIN YOUR CAR!
      Don't even let them wash it!
      Last edited by Maserati Mario; May 3, 2009, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Do not let anyone touch the car or you may end up fixing their induced swirlmarks.
        Claying or a quality polish like M80 will remove the protection. I actually had it applied without my knowledge and dinged me $100.00.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I think it is already applied to the car. So I will see how it works out. I'm just relieved it is not permanent and can just be removed. The car is silver so I'm not too concerned with the swirl marks like I would be with a black or blue car.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
            Thanks for the replies. I think it is already applied to the car. So I will see how it works out. I'm just relieved it is not permanent and can just be removed. The car is silver so I'm not too concerned with the swirl marks like I would be with a black or blue car.

I'd remove it as soon as I got home

The "Shmo" that applied it does not love your car
            He hated your car! and did a minimum (it's just another one he had to finish last night before he could leave his job)

You will end up detailing your car anyways so just do it now.
            You have to show you car some love! The Meg's way not the shmo way.

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post

The "Shmo" that applied it does not love your car

He hated your car! and did a minimum (it's just another one he had to finish last night before he could leave his job)
              Love your passion but we don't know that the guy applying the paint sealant didn't do a good job?

Everyone has to to have a job and most people try to do their job as best as they can so let's give other people the benefit of the doubt.

What if you worked at a dealership applying their choice of paint sealant, even if you disagreed with management's choice of paint sealant wouldn't you still do a good job?

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');