• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist Ad: Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher Like New!! - $85.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Ad: Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher Like New!! - $85.00

***NOTE***

This is an ad I found on Craigslist yesterday. The price is $85, not $8 (sorry for the glitch) obviously very good - so much so that I contemplated buying another one for myself but couldn't come up with a good enough reason to do so (nuts!). I am reposting this ad from Craigslist Orange County, CA with permission from the seller Leo. Other than that, I have no association with the seller but wanted to share this opportunity with th MOL community. As with most used items purchased via private party, there is no stated nor implied warranty

I spoke with the owner who gave me a few more details on this listing.

1. The seller has 10 used G110's for sale at $85 per unit. He is selling them for a relative who is liquidating his automotive detailing equipment.
    2. The G110's are all over a year old and no longer under factory warranty. The seller has cleaned them up and ensured they are working, but sales are likely "as-is".
    3. The seller is local to SoCal and is located very near Meguiars in Irvine (off the 91 and 57 freeways). The G110's are available for local pickup, or he will ship via paypal.
    Below is the listed ad:

Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher...Like New!! - $85 (Pomona/Anaheim)

Reply to: sale-4bgnj-1143632632@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-04-27, 9:28PM PDT

Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher maximizes results and minimizes effort. Get smooth, shiny, protected paint in less time by applying your waxes and polishes with the Meguiars Dual Action Polisher. This random orbital buffer is faster than hand application and produces superior results – without any risk of burning the paint! Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher is the fastest way to flawless paint!

Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher takes detailing to the next level! The polisher provides superior speed, coverage, and polishing action compared to hand application. Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher provides consistent speed and pressure to create uniform results every time.

If you’re concerned about using a machine on your paint, rest easy. Meguiars G110 Polisher is a random orbital machine. The polishing head rotates and orbits, which eliminates the risk of burning the paint. It’s as safe as hand polishing, but faster!

The Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110 opens up a whole new realm of product possibilities. Use Meguiars Mirror Glaze polishes with even greater success! The rapid motion of the polisher will help break down polishes and swirl removers better than hand polishing to give you smoother, glossier results. Remove swirls and oxidation with more success!

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110 is designed with the user in mind. It has an adjustable “D” handle, but it’s just as comfortable to use without the handle. Your fingers wrap comfortably around the ergonomic head. Excessive vibration is reduced in the G110 to improve operator comfort.

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110 has presets 1-6, like its predecessor the G-100 and the Porter Cable 7424. In the G110 polisher, the speeds have more torque and power to keep the pad moving even when pressure is applied. Dual action users know that the pad typically stops when pressure is applied. Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110 keeps moving! Even with the increase in power, the G110 has no excessive vibration.

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher includes a 4.75 inch hook and loop backing plate, which is perfect for 5.5 to 6.5 inch foam pads.

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110 is ideal for hobbyists and professional detailers. The buffer retains the familiar, user-friendly features of ordinary dual action polishers, but the G110 offers more power to remove scratches and swirls. Even with this increased torque, the G110 presents no increase in vibration compared to other DA polishers and it’s relatively quiet at 55 decibels.

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110 is a great addition to your detailing arsenal. It’s faster and more effective than hand-polishing, it’s easy enough for a beginner to use, and the G110 delivers professional-quality results.

Specifications: Polisher includes:
    4.2 amps Adjustable “D” handle
    Orbit size: 5/16 inch Hard plastic carrying case
    Thread size: 5/16” – 24 W67DA 4.75 inch backing plate
    Weight: 5.5 lbs Wrench
    Cord length: 10.33 inches Manual
    Color coded speed dial Preset speeds:
    Aluminum gear housing cover 1: 2560 OPM
    CNC finished gears 2: 3250 OPM
    Electricity feedback circuit 3: 3950 OPM
    45 degree exit cord 4: 4600 OPM
    Upgraded on/off switch 5: 5550 OPM

Call me, Email or text I have a few of them left. These are almost in perfect condition and you will be in love once you use them....... Email, text or call Leo 714-875-8737

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1143632632

Re: Craigslist Ad: Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher...Like New!! - $8

My apologies for the thread title. The last digit is missing. I must have run out of room for the title.

Mods, can you fix this for me?

Comment

Re: Craigslist Ad: Meguiars G110 Dual Action Polisher Like New!! - $85.00

Killer deal. I just emailed him.
      Jason

Comment

You know I would pick one up if I didn't already have one ... or two, one of which I never use haha

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
          You know I would pick one up if I didn't already have one ... or two, one of which I never use haha
          I know what you mean. At that price, I'm going through the same anguish

Comment

Sweet
            Wifey was going to get me one of these new anyhow so now I can save some, ensure it's all ok and get some extra pads/supplies etc.. Thanks for posting he link..
            Current Rides
            04 .:R32 Black Magic Pearl (Weekend Toy)
            06 S4 Cab (Wife's toy) Brilliant Black
            04 V70R (Daily Driver & Dog Hauler) Black Pearl
            I know 3 black cars!

Comment

Just got my G110 from Leo. He shipped the day I sent money and I got it 4 days later. Looks new, works well, overall a good deal.......G110 for $101 shipped to my door! Now that I have two machines I'm going to set one up for smaller pads and one set up for 6.5" and 7" pads.
              Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmakado View Post
                Just got my G110 from Leo. He shipped the day I sent money and I got it 4 days later. Looks new, works well, overall a good deal.......G110 for $101 shipped to my door! Now that I have two machines I'm going to set one up for smaller pads and one set up for 6.5" and 7" pads.
                Just curious and if you don't mind sharing, but what did it cost for shipping?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw $101 for the G110 and shipping

Comment

in in talks with him for one and will hopefully be making the deal today.
                  2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                  2005 Honda CRF250R
                  2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Just spoke with Leo, he still has a couple left for anyone who's interested.

Comment

i emailed him yesterday saying I was ready to make the deal, waiting for him to send me his paypal address so I can pay him.

$85 plus $20 shipping for me to RI
                      2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                      2005 Honda CRF250R
                      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I would be very carefull in getting these as there is no warranty on these. Also it seems a lot of problems with the Meguiars G110 going bad and needing repair. And how come he is selling a whole bunch of them and its only 2 months old?? just got a bad feeling on this.

As much as I like Meguiar, they need to provide more warranty on these units or make them better. There is too many people on board with bad or going bad Meguiar G110 reporting problems.

I think I would settle for porter cable for $119 at amazon with warranty and new, just for piece of mind.

Now if the guy was selling for $60, then I would buy it with the risk but not at $85

Comment

In my first post, I stated that all of the machines were being sold from a liquidation of an auto detailer's assets, were over a year old, (not sure where 2 months was mentioned) and were no longer under warranty.

I just purchased a used porter cable 7336 from a private party seller for $65 and it looks and runs like new. But I know if the thing were to burst into flames tomorrow, I'm out $65 dollars.

Anytime you buy a used item from a private party, it's a caveat emptor ("Let the buyer beware") scenario, and I noted that accordingly in the original post. The reason why I reposted the seller's ad here (after I spoke to him on the phone) was to let fellow MOLers know of an opportunity to purchase used G110's, and because the seller listed his business number in the original ad - which offers a further level of accountability that you normally won't find in 99% of CL ads. Add to that that he offers local pickup at his business and the accountability grows.

Comment

I've used mine a few times already and it works great so far. Leo was cool and shipped right away.
                            Jason

Comment

just texted him he still has some/one.
                              mmmm.....?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');