• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Vette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Vette

Not really an extreme makeover. The work was fine the pics are just sorry.

My first Vette that belongs to a friend of mine. I've never had a chance to work on one yet. Here's a quick pic before.

Same pic cropped

Sorry about the pic quality. I'm still trying to learn how to take good pictures of my work.

Is it worth my time to even upload any more pics??
    Last edited by scrub; Oct 17, 2004, 09:04 AM.

Nice work Scrub

Looks good anyway.
    r. b.

Comment

Hey Scrub,

Of course we want to see your pictures!!

On the camera, try adjusting the white balance to compensate for bright sunlight. The other thing is to use a large file size, or if possible to take pictures in the Raw mode.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Is that a Z06? It looks like a Zo6. Also is it black or green?
        It is always worth the time to upload more pictures in my opinion. I like Vette pictures

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
          Hey Scrub,

Of course we want to see your pictures!!

On the camera, try adjusting the white balance to compensate for bright sunlight. The other thing is to use a large file size, or if possible to take pictures in the Raw mode.

Tim
          I forgot about the white balance thing. I didn't realize how bad the pics were until I got home. The lil screen showed some wash out, but I thought it was the screen in bright light and not to much of the pic quality. I'm not to sure about the "raw" mode. I'll do some digging.

Anyway here's some more before pics. Black Vette not a Z06 (I don't think).

Gotta run but here's the tease pic.

Sorry about the poor pic quality.
          Last edited by scrub; Oct 17, 2004, 09:07 AM.

Comment

This is a before.

Here's some more after pics.

Again sorry about the washed out pics. I'm very disappointed with the pics. I was counting on these pics to help pick up new clients. Guess I'll have to cut him a deal to try it again.

I used Mild Detailing Clay with Last Touch (1:1 works great there was some streaking though), #80 w/PC, and topped with NXT w/PC.

Comment

Even though the pics aren't great I can tell you did a nice job. Bet it was fun working on a nice car!

Congrats!

Chris
              Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

nice improvement! great job!
                2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Taking pictures takes practice just like learning to polish. Keep at it, and you will get better.

I can see a definite improvement from the pictures you posted...Nice job.

BTW, what products was the owner using before he brought it to you????
                  Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                  08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                  98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                  82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement.

As for the products he was using... It's the bucket-o-products approach. Ya know pretty much how we started out, a bucket full of stuff. I did see GC wax/polish and an assortment of Meguiar's products. Not exactly sure of all the products. I'll ask him and get back to you.

Comment

Great job. The vette looks so much better and I know how hard they can be to work with.
                      ps, it was the mesh over the induction vents that through me off. Those are trademark zo6.

Comment

Gotcha. I'm not very well schooled on Vettes cept they are well you know bad (this is a G rated forum)! I'll ask him bout those vent screens too.
                        Last edited by scrub; Oct 18, 2004, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I was just curious, I thought you were going to say he had the dreaded Z products...
                          Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                          08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                          98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                          82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

dreaded Z. that's a good un! I didn't see those products. Pretty sure of the GC wax.

Comment

Hey scrub,

Sorry for the late prop's! You did a great job on the 'vette!

Looks incredible! Keep up the great work!

My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');