• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard/Soft paint..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard/Soft paint..

My buddy just got his Skyline shipped here yesterday, and i have not had a chance to look @ it yet. He told me it has the orig paint, so my question is whats the best way to determine the paint's hardness or softness, after seeing what happend with someone on here with a black Colorado i am a little nervous, i will be using the 2 buckets with grits, claying and so on. but before i start washing it im wondering if there is a paint hardness list by the maker of the vehicles. Hope this makes sense.
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: Hard/Soft paint..

Just start with a very unaggressive product- maybe a cleaner wax like ColorX. the same idea with starting with the least aggressive product applies- start low, and work your way up until you find something that works.

Good luck!

Comment

You'll just have to see the car for itself and test out some products until you really dial your process. No hay to tell till you start working.

Comment

that is going to be your best method of attack since you dont know for sure. You wont know until you do a test spot

Comment

Thanks guys. Ill put some pics of the car up soon!
          "Every moment frontin and maxin
          Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
          "

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');