• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel ~ Appearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel ~ Appearance

It seems lately their have been a few threads asking about different tire shines and their looks.

Earlier today i applied Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel to my tires. I applied it with a tire swipe and waited ten minutes to gently remove excess product with a cotton towel. This gave good uniform coverage and even shine.

The Look :

Overall: I like using the gel and foam form the best. I didnt like the aerosol spray version because it seemed to give a much more amped up "Hot Shine" which is a bit too much for me. I do however like the Insane look for some reason, but in the spray form.

Here is my order of tire shine preference:

Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel
    NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray
    Hot Shine Tire Foam
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Re: Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Gel ~ Appearance

Thanks for your review, or opinion. I got this a few weeks ago and only used it once but I do like the stuff. I wiped it off pretty good and it did not appear to sling, if it did it was very minimal.
    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
    2005 Honda CRF250R
    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

cant wait til my endurance tire dressing finishes so i can try this one. looks great though!

Comment

Great Review Nick!!
        Looks Great!!
        Keep Up the Great Reviews and Work!!
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

great review... when are your reviewing the endurance ;].. hehe
          Ganesa,
          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Tuck, thank you for the input, as you know I was wondering between Endurance and Hot Shine.

Yesterday, I applied the Endurance to my tires of my Lexus. Now, I'll have to take pictures, but my tires look exactly like yours!

I applied it to my Dad's TL tires several weeks ago, but I was a bit disappointed that the shine did not last very long (2 weeks maybe).

When my Endurance runs out, Hot Shine is next.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
              Tuck, thank you for the input, as you know I was wondering between Endurance and Hot Shine.

Yesterday, I applied the Endurance to my tires of my Lexus. Now, I'll have to take pictures, but my tires look exactly like yours!

I applied it to my Dad's TL tires several weeks ago, but I was a bit disappointed that the shine did not last very long (2 weeks maybe).

When my Endurance runs out, Hot Shine is next.
              I have found that my tires take better to Hot Shine than Endurance High Gloss for some reason. IMO, it seems like Hot Shine lasts longer than Endurance High Gloss.

But thats just with my tires in paticular. I have found some tires that didnt take to any dressing very well at all before.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

For me, I have found that having CLEAN tires is the key to having your tire dressings last. I personally don't care much for the "shine" type dressings....the look is not natural. I like either #40 or Natural Shine. I used to just apply after cleaning the tire with my car solution and a brush but the look would not last. Then one time I decided to try the Westleys Bleche-White tire cleaner. I could not believe the amount of crud this stuff removed!!!! I think it really opens the pores of the rubber and lets the tire dressings penetrate better....and last longer. Otherwise your just applying the dressing on top of the tire bloom and dirt. You have to be carefull with the Westleys though. It is pretty caustic stuff. Follow the directions carefully.
                Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning View Post
                  For me, I have found that having CLEAN tires is the key to having your tire dressings last. I personally don't care much for the "shine" type dressings....the look is not natural. I like either #40 or Natural Shine. I used to just apply after cleaning the tire with my car solution and a brush but the look would not last. Then one time I decided to try the Westleys Bleche-White tire cleaner. I could not believe the amount of crud this stuff removed!!!! I think it really opens the pores of the rubber and lets the tire dressings penetrate better....and last longer. Otherwise your just applying the dressing on top of the tire bloom and dirt. You have to be carefull with the Westleys though. It is pretty caustic stuff. Follow the directions carefully.
                  I used to use Bleche-White, but only on tires that were white wall. Since it's been quite a while since I had a car with white-wall tires, I don't use it, although it's an amazing cleaner on winter rubber car mats!

I have used an APC on the tires. After reading the forums on car cleaning on MOL, I now start with tires and wheels first. I spray an APC on the tires and wheels and use a soft brush to clean. MAYBE, that's why my tire shine doesn't last. I hadn't been cleaning my tires thoroughly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                    I used to use Bleche-White, but only on tires that were white wall. Since it's been quite a while since I had a car with white-wall tires, I don't use it, although it's an amazing cleaner on winter rubber car mats!

I have used an APC on the tires. After reading the forums on car cleaning on MOL, I now start with tires and wheels first. I spray an APC on the tires and wheels and use a soft brush to clean. MAYBE, that's why my tire shine doesn't last. I hadn't been cleaning my tires thoroughly enough.
                    Well, I have found that #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner works better on tires, I think it works better than Bleche White.

As said already, a clean tire will actually soak in the dressing and not just sit on the surface waiting to sling off the tire.

If i have a really dirty tire, i break out the M39, if its just light dirt or old dressing, I use the Car Wash soap I am using at the time, APC, and a Versa Angle Tire Brush.
                    Nick
                    815-954-0773

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');