• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove road paint from car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove road paint from car?

A friend of my wife's drove over freshly painted stripes on a road and now has paint on her fender. How to remove?

I'm thinking a claybar for starters. I have also seen some online sites that sell a product specially for this.....anyone tried it? Here's a url to a site:

Let me know if you have solved this problem.
    -Bob
    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Hi Bob,

This came up recently in another thread, I don't remember the outcome, but besides claying, and special paint removers, you could also try something like the Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner with a piece of terry cloth towel and some elbow grease.

Your best bet is to get after as soon as possible, I think you'll have your best chance of removing it this way.

Good luck!

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use thinner and a terry towel, the cheapest kind you can find the better. fFor really tough paint and heavy tar I use a sponge-scrubber.

Comment

Lube up the affected area with quick detail spray and CAREFULLY use a Credit Card to snap off the specks of paint. This method works really well in the fender wells where you don't have to be as cautious about scratching.

Marty

Comment

We see this frequently in the shop. We use a 3 pronged approach:

1. Pressure washer

2. Plastic razor blade (creit card, windshield scraper)

3. Lacquer thinner (it really is for Professional Use only. TREAD LIGHTLY!)

Flush, repeat as needed.

Jim
          If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');