• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Add Reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to Add Reputation

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
    That was a "Bond" move

obviously everyone who reads this will add to your reputation.
    That was not what I had in mind!

In fact, my article was prompted by the fact that some of our most helpful and knowledgeable members have rep power well below what it should be. I certainly did not intend the inflation of my own numbers.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Pity Reps! I feel really LOW now... OK I'm over it.

OK, now figure this out. My Rep points in My CP is at 75 now. The REP system is just too weird for me.

No more Pity Rep for me, you guys. I like to "earn" my points or Reps. I would just like to know or understand the system VBulletin uses to do the "Calc's" on it, etc. http://www.vbulletin.com/ doesn't explain much about it.

I think all of us would fine if they pulled out the REP system. With a great forum like this, it's people that make the difference, not their Reps.(brown-nosing isn't my forte... but I'm getting better at it).

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        That was not what I had in mind!

In fact, my article was prompted by the fact that some of our most helpful and knowledgeable members have rep power well below what it should be. I certainly did not intend the inflation of my own numbers.
        i know, that was my bad attempt at making a joke

made me start to add rep points to others more often after reading it.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Al, I understood what you are getting at. Another Forum member pointed the rep point system out to me, and I reward people that give ideas that I think are really unique that I never thought of, or put up a post of their work.

Comment

It looks to me like you get automatic reps every time you cross another hundred posts and some for each additional year you've been a member. So actually a new person can jump to a very high number of reps very quickly by posting multiple times to every thread.

Most of my posts come from welcoming new users to MOL. Which I do because of the way I was welcomed to MOL. The warm welcome made me want to stick around and become an active member.

Al's posts are fewer than mine, but have much more meat to them, are well thought out and many times very entertaining. I added to Al's rep a long time ago because of that.

That being said, I think a newbee seeing a users rep count and equating that with years of detailing experience wouldn't alway be an accurate measure.

Mike
            Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejl View Post
              That being said, I think a newbee seeing a users rep count and equating that with years of detailing experience wouldn't alway be an accurate measure.
              No kidding!!! One would think from looking at my newly bestowed rep power that I knew something about detailing--and we all know the truth about that!
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

What exactly do the green things represent? Mike Phillips has 300 REP power but only has two green things where akimel you have 72 REP power with five dark green and one light green???

And why does Mike Pennington Have no REP Power?

So confusing....

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                  What exactly do the green things represent? Mike Phillips has 300 REP power but only has two green things where akimel you have 72 REP power with five dark green and one light green???

And why does Mike Pennington Have no REP Power?

So confusing....
                  yeah, the rep power system throws me off too.
                  Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');