• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Add Reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Add Reputation

Ever heard of rep power? Perhaps you haven't; but it's something that all MOL members have, and even more importantly, it's something we can give to our fellow members who make worthwhile contributions to our forum. Take a look at any forum article; e.g.:

Down in the right hand corner you will see three symbols.

Click on the center icon. This will bring up the add reputation box.

Click on the "Add to Reputation" button, and the writer's reputation will be increased. It's as easy as that! The box also provides the opportunity for you to add an approving comment about the post/comment, which the writer will be able to read the next time he visits his control panel.

So next time you read an article which, in your judgment, contributes to the knowledge and common good of the forum, let the writer know by adding to his reputation. Comments are quickly forgotten, but forum reputation is forever.

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: How to Add Reputation

Al,
    You make a very good point. It is of a benefit to all of us. Once again excellent point. I will remember to do this in the future.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice how-to article Al...

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Nice how too! Is there a thread holding ALL the how to's? I've noticed since being on here a month A LOT of questions are repeated and quick access to all those would help for the new(er) members, i tried looking up one last night for a while about pressure for a new MOL member and couldnt find it. If anyone could send me all the links ill add them to my desktop!
        "Every moment frontin and maxin
        Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
        "

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
          Nice how too! Is there a thread holding ALL the how to's? I've noticed since being on here a month A LOT of questions are repeated and quick access to all those would help for the new(er) members, i tried looking up one last night for a while about pressure for a new MOL member and couldnt find it. If anyone could send me all the links ill add them to my desktop!
          Hot Topics

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
            Thanks CC!
            "Every moment frontin and maxin
            Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
            "

Comment

There's also this:

2008 Meguiar's Online List O' Links 2.0

Comment

Answer me these questions:

1. If a user goes into their "User CP" Control Panel and it says they have "12 points" of Reputation, what does that mean? Do X rep. points equal some value of Rep?

2. What's the Green dots, next to the Rep of the person?

It seems like the VBulletin Forums all do the "Reputation" feature a little differently. It's a feature I believe to add merit to some, but others seem to get "Rep" from saying Hello to all the new members and always doing the "I agree" posts, to up their post count? This is NOT a bad thing, it's just something I have noticed, since visiting this site daily. Most likely I write this because I'm a bitter little part-time detailer with only two Reps!

PS: Akimel, you deserve a "Rep" point from me. Your write-ups are informative and FUNNY! Your extremely helpful to all!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryAdams View Post
                  Answer me these questions:

1. If a user goes into their "User CP" Control Panel and it says they have "12 points" of Reputation, what does that mean? Do X rep. points equal some value of Rep?

2. What's the Green dots, next to the Rep of the person?

It seems like the VBulletin Forums all do the "Reputation" feature a little differently. It's a feature I believe to add merit to some, but others seem to get "Rep" from saying Hello to all the new members and always doing the "I agree" posts, to up their post count? This is NOT a bad thing, it's just something I have noticed, since visiting this site daily. Most likely I write this because I'm a bitter little part-time detailer with only two Reps!

PS: Akimel, you deserve a "Rep" point from me. Your write-ups are informative and FUNNY! Your extremely helpful to all!

I was wondering that too. It seemed like when I hit a certain number of posts, I had a few more rep points added. How does that work?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryAdams View Post
                    Most likely I write this because I'm a bitter little part-time detailer with only two Reps!
                    Don't be bitter any more!
                    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Wow, Akimel, your REP just went through the roof

Nice How To Article
                      Matt

Comment

Honestly who really cares. If we truly stop and think about it, we are a bunch of car lovers trying to learn new and improved or old and proven methods to keep our treasures (cars, bikes, RV's, etc.) in the best condition they can be in. If an MOL member is more concerned with "REP" power than trying to help, this defeats the purpose of MOL. In my opinion it is our choice to take the advice of the "posts" or leave it. I read most of them with a grain of salt and attempt (note attempt) to apply common sense. I am just grateful we have a place to share the tricks of the trade. MOL is great! Seriously, do not sweat the "REP POWER", enjoy the reading it is more fun that way.
                        RG Curtis
                        U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                          Wow, Akimel, your REP just went through the roof
                          LOL. Now that makes no sense whatsoever! I guess "rep power" doesn't mean much after all.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                            LOL. Now that makes no sense whatsoever! I guess "rep power" doesn't mean much after all.
                            That was a "Bond" move

obviously everyone who reads this will add to your reputation.
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

+

=

Nice tutorial!
                              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');