• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax: Product Build up in Pads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax: Product Build up in Pads??

I've used the polsihing pad and the finishing pad before to apply the nxt with the g-100 at 3.5-4.0 but it always seems when i take the pad off there is tons of procuct stuck in the pad still and then built up on the backing plate, i even tried to make sure the last time i used it that i used less but still the same problem, i do not have this problem with any other meguiars products i use with the g-100. any help would be great.. cause i end up throwing the pads out earlier than i should.

thanks,
    Jon

I am sure some of the more informed people will soon chime in; however here is my $.02. Wax build up in a pad is something that I have always experienced to some degree. What I would recommend is that you clean your pads before you use them again. Also when you finish before you store your pads, what I like to do is put it on the g-100 and crank it up to six. Warning: Make sure you are outside and away from things when you do this. This will cause a lot of the wax in the pad to get projected out of it. A little man made gravity if you will. This seems to leave the pads a lot cleaner and emptier before you store them. Though you mentioned you cut down on the amount of product you use, once the pad gets saturated you have to use almost no product when applying it. I still think you might be over applying the product because I have done five cars in a row literally and never had the wax go all the way to the backing plate. My view is it is good to be wax "stingy" when you are working with a da.

Comment

Re: NXT Tech Wax: Product Build up in Pads??

Originally posted by n1976jmk
      I've used the polsihing pad and the finishing pad before to apply the nxt with the g-100 at 3.5-4.0 but it always seems when i take the pad off there is tons of procuct stuck in the pad still and then built up on the backing plate, i even tried to make sure the last time i used it that i used less but still the same problem, i do not have this problem with any other meguiars products i use with the g-100. any help would be great.. cause i end up throwing the pads out earlier than i should.

thanks,
      Jon
      Hi Jon!

I agree with Lt1Corvette.. Product build-up is a common problem among G-100 users and it just can't be avoided simply because of the way it works. The oscillating motion of the G-100 pulls the product inward by its centrifugal force, unlike the rotary. I've had this problem where the product reached the velcro on the other side of the pad and that's when I first used the G-100. I guess the problem there was that I was using too much product. When I'm using NXT with the finishing pad, I try to use the product as much as possible so that the application is just thin and that the pad won't get saturated. That could also be a factor.. Try using the product you applied for a larger surface area and see how it goes.

Hope this helps!
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

What kind of buffers ( brands ) do you guys use to remove the wax ??.

Ohhhhhhh and great site by the way .

Comment

I agree with above... The first time I used the PC the product went all the way to the velcro in one detail. I now use less product and it never seems to soak all the way through. Another thing that I do is once I see the product starting to build up in the center of the pad during a detail, I only put a bead of product around the outside of the pad and not in the center where the product has soaked into the pad. As Bri said it seem as though the product works its way to the center.

I also give my pads a gentle hand wash after every time I use them.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I get the extra wax off by placing my PC inside my wash bucket and cranking it up to 6. That way I don't have to worry about a mess. I simply wash out the bucket afterwards.

Chris
            Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by williams22
              I get the extra wax off by placing my PC inside my wash bucket and cranking it up to 6. That way I don't have to worry about a mess. I simply wash out the bucket afterwards.

Chris
              Good tip you know where the mess is going to be... I worry about the pad flying off into who knows where and landing in a pile of gravel/dirt/something thats going to stick in the foam - I know you are not going to get hurt by a foam pad, but... I have seen a sanding disk fly off a DA and clock someone one in the face and split their lips wide open, all I have to say is ouch!
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Go with the bucket method...it will land in the bucket!

Chris
                Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');