• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed my 2007 Acura TSX today (pics inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed my 2007 Acura TSX today (pics inside)

Hey all,

Well, I finally got around to detailing my 2007 Acura TSX today. I think that it went fairly well, but no matter what I do, I can't really get the paint to "pop." It looks good in the sun, but I see all of these detailers on this forum that produce these unbelievable reflections, and I just can't understand what I'm doing wrong. I do have yet to try detailing with my Porter Cable, but today I did the following by hand.

1. Washed with Optimum No Rinse.
    2. Clayed with Meguiars smooth kit.
    3. Applied Meguiars Swirl-X by hand to the entire car (had some swirling/spider webbing).
    4. Applied Meguiars NXT 2.0.
    5. Applied Optimum Car Spray Wax

The Clay step was a lot of fun. I've never done this before, and I couldn't believe the amount of **** that came off the car. It was amazing how much smoother it was when I waxed afterwards, especially the paint right behind the tires.

Here's my question. I noticed major streaking after applying the Optimum Car Spray Wax. What did I do wrong? Also, how do I remove the streaking?

Lastly, is it bad to apply the aersol tire shine after you've waxed the car? I guess my question is, will the wind pick up the aersol spray and get the car all full of that ****?

Now, onto the pics. Any advice/tips/suggestions would be great. I'm totally new to this, and I'd appreciate everyones thoughts. I plan on doing my next detail with my G100. I just wanted to get a feel for everything before I brought that out

Re: Detailed my 2007 Acura TSX today (pics inside)

Also, I forgot to ask, but is there any added benefit to applying more than one coat of NXT 2.0?

Lastly, what is the best product to use after NXT 2.0 to really make it "pop?" The NXT 2.0 does look really good, but I'd like to get a little more "pop" if possible..

Comment

Car looks great! For a gray car I think you really have a great shine to it. I've heard #7 Show Car Glaze is something that is dedicated to solely giving a great shine and pop. You might wanna try that next time you detail. Do it before you wax so you can lock in the glaze.

Comment

Car looks very good!

On my silver Corvette I really like topping NXT/2.0 with the Pinnacle Signature Series II (SSII) from Autogeek. It brings out the metallic flake and adds a level of liquidity not acheiveable with NXT alone, in my opinion.

If you want to stick with Meg's products than I would top the NXT with the Gold Class paste. This combo also produces excellent results and is what I reach for when detailing medium to dark colored cars.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out...

Comment

I think your car looks great. Looks good to me.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Great looking ride, I like how the wheels contrast with the grey paint!

The M07 Show Car Glaze should definatly give you the pop you're looking for along with that wet look! It work well and brought out the metallic flake on my silver Saturn. Even though it's in the Professional line (Mirror Glaze) it's easy to find over the counter.

Did you allow the spray wax to dry? Try it again, let it dry, and do the swipe test.
            A second coat of NXT would give you an added insurance in keeping the shine a little longer.

As for the aersol tire shine, keep an eye on it after driving, check for the product slinging back, if so just wipe the affected area with a good clean MF towel. I don't believe it would hurt the wax.

I'm a newbie to, these are some of the things I've learned here and has worked pretty well for me.
            Look around and pick the brains of the professionals here and you'll be good to go in no time!
            For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Looks Great Fire Fighter!!
              Nice Job!!
              Sweet Pictures!!
              I Really Like the One Reflections Shot!!!
              Keep Up The Great Work!!!
              Joel
              Firefighter/EMT-B
              Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
              "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
              '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by JLTSX07 View Post
                Here's my question. I noticed major streaking after applying the Optimum Car Spray Wax. What did I do wrong? Also, how do I remove the streaking?
                How much OCW did you use? A little goes a long way. For the whole car, I use about 5 to 10 "sprays". Too much product does streak a lot. Goes back over the streaky parts with a clean dry MF cloth, to remove excess product.

I should note that I have never used OCW over NXT. I use NXT only or OCW/OOS on cars that I detail. There could be an issue with layering the two products together?

Comment

The paint on your Acura looks pretty good,nice shine !

There is only so much you can do working by hand ,taking the shine and reflections to another level will require machine polishing !

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');