• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making Blue Clickable Links for Dummies :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Blue Clickable Links for Dummies :)

Making Blue Clickable Links for Dummies

Gang,

I've seen it come up a few times but we would like to change the color we add links to.

Here's a how to for dummies!

As usual, if something don't seem to work, send me a PM and I'll see if a Moderator can fix it for me.

First: Figure out what your title of your words are. In this case, I'm going to write out Meguiar's and put a link on that.

Highlight your title as you normally would: You need to highlight to add link, change color or bold, center text etc.

You need your URL link, unless you know it.....In this case, I opened a new tab in Internet Explorer and opened the Meguiar's site. Highlight the address and right click and copy.

Push the insert link button as shown:

You will get a window to insert your URL:

The http:// should already be highlighted, either insert your URL or when I copied the Meguiar's address earlier, I'm just going to right click and paste. You keyboard people (like me) can hit CTRL V and paste your link. Be sure to make sure you don't have two "http://" in your link, I've done that a few times and the link did not work.

This will add the code for the link. The words Meguiar's are still highlighted as you see:

As the words are still highlighted, simply change your color and Bold if you want to:

See how the code is inserted? For the color to change, it has to be entered after the link code. The code on end of your title are the closing or end codes (can't remember the name) but they end what command they do, [/b], [/color], [/url], see?.

Bold.....See how the code is inserted?

When you post your thread, it should look like this!

Any problems, let me know!

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Re: Coloring Links for Dummies

Thanks Aaron, that's quicker than using 'tiny url'. I've been wondering how to use the tools here more efficiently and that tutorial excellent. Thanks again!

Brock

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Thanks for creating tis tutorial for our forum community.

Thank you!

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

As the Dummy who recently asked the question, I'll add that this only works when you're in Code View mode. If you're not, then the color tag is applied outside the url tag. Since the url tag is closer to the text, it overrides the color tag. When you have the Code View mode on, you're able to apply the color tag closer to the text you're trying to modify.

Example:
        Meguiar's
        HTML Code:
        [COLOR=Red][URL="http://www.meguiars.com/"]Meguiar's[/URL][/COLOR]
        This didn't change the color of the link.

Meguiar's
        HTML Code:
        [URL="http://www.meguiars.com/"][COLOR=Red]Meguiar's[/COLOR][/URL]
        This did.

You only get that fine control with the Code View mode turned on, which is the icon to the far top right of the editor window, above the smilies.

Thanks to Nappers and Mike to clearing it up for me!

Comment

Cool, I've seen others ask what the code view is, but didn't know how to use it......

I usually use quick reply generally unless I quote someone.

I'll have to check out the code view thingy.

As far as dummy.....I label all of my helps **** for dummies. I'm a Training Officer at the jail I work at and I have authored 3 training guides for our computer systems, Booking for Dummies, Teletypes for Dummies, and Phone system for Dummies. LOL.

I got a letter of commendation for the phone one as the company saw it and used it for other facilities. The manuals they come up with are just so fantastic that you need a masters degree to read it!

Comment

OK, now explain it again, this time with with sock puppets, for us easily distracted dummies!

Comment

Geez! I just replied to a thread on the first page and had to manually (using the 3 window technique) insert the URL and COLOR codes to put a link in my reply.

Then I find this on the second page!!! Oh well, I'm gonna hold out for the sock puppets!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post
                  Geez! I just replied to a thread on the first page and had to manually (using the 3 window technique) insert the URL and COLOR codes to put a link in my reply.

Then I find this on the second page!!! Oh well, I'm gonna hold out for the sock puppets!
                  Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                  LOL

Comment

Re: Making Blue Clickable Links for Dummies

This thread

Cool thanks Nappers
                    Have A Smurfie Day
                    Take Pride In Your Ride...

Comment

Re: Making Blue Clickable Links for Dummies

Good tutorial. Just remember instead of right clicking and all that you can use "HOTKEYS"..... such as...

CTRL+Z = undo
                      CTRL+Y = redo
                      CTRL+B = BOLD
                      CTRL+U = UNDERLINE
                      CTRL+I = ITALSIZE
                      CTRL+L = Left Justify
                      CTRL+R = Right Justify
                      CTRL+C = Center Justify
                      ALT+S = Send or Submit you post
                      CTRL+K = Hyperlink
                      ALT+Left Arrow = Go back to previous internet page (like hitting the back arrow in the upper left corner)
                      ALT+Right Arrow = Go Forward (like hitting the forward arrow in the upper left corner)
                      CTRL+HOME = Back to HomePage

Hope these help....enjoy.
                      RG Curtis
                      U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');