• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove paint overspray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to remove paint overspray?

Well I bought the clay bar kit. I tried it out on the lense, and just as I thought, it seems too slick. Or am I doing it wrong? I sprayed the quick detailer on the lense and on the bar kept rubbing back and forth and it was just too slick. Am I supposed to wait till the detailer dries? Did I put too much?

The weatherstripping was actually easier. First I tried goof off, and was just wasn't doing very much. I had to rub back and forth too much and I thought that I would probably damage the weatherstripping. So I moved onto acetone, and it worked with less rubbing. Of course the weatherstripping felt rough afterwards because the acetone sort of cleaned the weatherstripping. So after I removed the overspray, I just rubbed my hand across the weatherstripping to make it "dirty" again. It felt normal like the other parts of the weatherstripping after I was done.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');