• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother's new Dual Action Polisher (Wax Attack Polisher)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's new Dual Action Polisher (Wax Attack Polisher)

I spent the afternoon at the 9th annual Del Mar Nationals mostly hitting up the vendor displays on the promenade. After spending a good deal of time at Meguiars, FlowMaster, Edelbrock, and countless other car junkie dream vendors, I came upon Mother's display at the opposite (from Meguiars) end of the promenade.

Like Megs, Mothers was displaying and selling it's full line of products. One item that caught my eye was Mothers new DA, the Wax Attack Polisher.

A very small, compact, light handheld unit selling in a kit for $80. The DAP weighs about as much as a half gallon of milk and there is a variety of ways to hold it (by the handle, by the main body, over the top with the palm of your hand).

I was initially intrigued by this little DA because it seemed ideal for polishing vertical surfaces or for catching those difficult areas like rocker panels, windshield pillars, or along the underside of bumper covers. But the more I talked with a Mothers rep, the more I realized that this nifty little DA has some limitations.

For one, it's not a variable speed. The single speed is set to 800 RPM and, according to the rep, you rely on the cutting ability of different Mothers compounds and pads to achieve the particular job you wish to accomplish.

Although by industry definition it is a true DA (circular and oscillation movements), Mothers readily admits the Wax Attack Polisher is best suited for "general waxing and light surface defect removal".

Still, an intriguing little product that I think would be ideal for applying and removing waxes and/or polishes. The fatigue reduction factor might make it worth looking into.

Re: Mother's new Dual Action Polisher (Wax Attack Polisher)

it's not a variable speed. The single speed is set to 800 RPM
    I say it's a sander then, no oscillation, no DA.
    It's not for pros just mom and pop to apply wax.

I relay on technique, product and equipment
    To me their saying "you don't need talent just our products and we'll control the machine for you"

I love Meg's and was raised on Mother's but, if Meg's put this out I wouldn't buy it either.

Looks neat though.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');