• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic on bumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic on bumpers

ok one more question and srry for asking so manyI recently seen a post of a newbie's first detail and I believe it was his fathers white neon or corolla anyway the plastic on the bumpers looked brand new I mean they looked good.Someone asked what he used on bumpers and it was tire shine of some kind.What kind of problems would this pose?I think if this was safe everyone would do this cause the bumpers looked that good.

Re: Plastic on bumpers

I have never heard of putting tire shine on.
    It could have been something like All Season Dressing.
    Personally I would not do it.- Unless it was trim)
    It the bumper was covered in trim, I would go ahead and use ASD or Hyper Dressing or Gold Class Trim Detailer.

I just polish and wax them, and they look new.(Painted Plastic)
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Some products like All Season Dressing or Hyper Dressing would work on plastic, tires, etc.

Others, like Endurance Tire Shine, I would want to keep on the tires. I dont think putting a gel on your trim, then wiping it around, and trying to get off excess, etc, would be the way to go.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've used tire shine on trim before. Does just about the same thing IMO. A regular dressing is probably cheaper and easier to use though.

Comment

Use Gold Class Trim Detailer.

People have used Tire Shine but it's messy, more expensive, and it's made for rubber.

So get this, it's amazing:

Matt

Comment

Silicone based tire gels actually work very well on exterior plastics and rubber. They last a very long time and you can adjust the shine by wiping it afterwards. Also, they don't come off in the rain.

The discontinued M38 is similar to a tire gel, too.
            Chris
            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');