• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M42 Rubber Treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M42 Rubber Treatment?

I'm out of town on business this week and decided to check out some of the PBE stores in the area and was walking through one and saw a VERY old looking bottle that was labled as #42 Rubber Treatment, Any info on this product?

Re: M42 Rubber Treatment?

That is a non-cleaning rubber protectant in a rich lotion. It's been discontinued so now it's a collector's item.

You would have used this on rubber components that were already in GREAT condition to maintain them in great condition, thus no cleaning ability.

Most rubber products/dressings on the market are AIO type products, that is they clean, condition and protect all in one step. This was a dedicated rubber maintenance product.

I've got at least two bottles in my collection and can post a picture if anyone wants to see a picture of this discontinued products.

You would want to shake it really well and inspect to make sure it has a uniform creamy consistency as over all this time it may have gone south.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      That is a non-cleaning rubber protectant in a rich lotion. It's been discontinued so now it's a collector's item.

You would have used this on rubber components that were already in GREAT condition to maintain them in great condition, thus no cleaning ability.

Most rubber products/dressings on the market are AIO type products, that is they clean, condition and protect all in one step. This was a dedicated rubber maintenance product.

I've got at least two bottles in my collection and can post a picture if anyone wants to see a picture of this discontinued products.

You would want to shake it really well and inspect to make sure it has a uniform creamy consistency as over all this time it may have gone south.

the bottle was pretty nasty looking, i dunno if i'd consider it a collector item, but i might go back and see if i can pick it up for a few bucks. any idea what this stuff sold for new?

also i really have no use for it as i'm not one to collect stuff but if anyone wants it i'd be willing to pick it up and ship to anyone in the states if someone is willing to cover the cost of the product and shipping.

Comment

post a picture in the blast from the past!

That is cool. Hopefully you can get it cheap, then post some pictures of it if you get it. I like the old stuff!
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');