• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions on lacquer paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions on lacquer paint

I looked at the black lacquer corvette detail and was very impressed. I have a '69 Camaro with 14 yr old clear over red acrylic lacquer that looks great but just doesn't "pop" like it used to. This car was mainly a show car but now is just a garage queen. I had always used 7 on most other cars with lacquer and they loved it but this car never did...it always seemed to be greasy in spots and not want to come off. Always used a 3M glaze followed with Final Inspection to get the car ready to show. I'm thinking about trying 80 with a PC after a good bath although I really don't have much in the way of swirl marks and topping with 26. I haven't really experimented with anything for awhile and just wondered if there was anything new to try or what is best for older lacquer paint.

Re: suggestions on lacquer paint

I think 80 followed by 26 is a great idea. Let us know how that turns out for sure.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');