• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting brand new BLACK car paint?? suggestions on products and methods please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Protecting brand new BLACK car paint?? suggestions on products and methods please

Well we wiped the trim fairly well, as well as we could see. But we will again tomorrow... is there something I should wipe it with? (like spray on the towel I mean)

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Protecting brand new BLACK car paint?? suggestions on products and methods please

You'll get a lot more than 4 clays.. dont throw that out. You can at least use it for your wheels/exhaust tips in the future, if you want a new one for your paint.

Have to let someone who uses them answer about the FI/LT/QD... but I can explain some of the similarity.

QD is in the Consumer Line, and not body shop safe... One of those other products (LT or FI) is a really nice bulk product, but also not body shop safe.

The other Pro-Line product is body shop safe. That is why they needed 2 Pro-Line quick detailing products.

Spray some QD on your towel if you need to. Dried product will come off easier while it is fresh...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Final inspection is being made as far as I know. It's used to remove smudges, fingerprints, claying and it's body shop safe (can be used on fresh paint)

Last Touch is the Detailers line (different market) and not body shop safe as it has I think some polymers in it..... (not good for fresh paint!)

Final inspection is a ready to use product as Last Touch can be diluted at least 1:1 for claying and quick detailing (or straight for detailing, your preference).
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

awesome, thanks for the info guys!

Nappers, what is your technique for washing inside the doors? Just curious if you do the same that Murr said or no?

Thanks!

Comment

Okay I have another Noob question... do you all wax the inner door and like where the foot thing is?

Also if I washed (clayed, colorX-ed) and waxed my car last night, if I go out today and see anything on it, since it is NOT kept in a garage, there's a chance it has dust on it right? So does that mean I should NOT wipe it off, or spray QD or anything else on it and wipe it?? Please let me know.

Also, once I get my first bird dropping.... what do you do? Just spray QD on and wipe it off ASAP? So does everyone keep QD and MFs in the car all the time?

thanks!

Comment

You mean as far as waxing the door sills/jams? Yeah, you can. I dont do mine as often as I should. That is a good use for the cleaner/wax sample bottle. And it will last longer in those areas too, not being out in the weather.

I would not bother worrying about daily dust. Some people do, but you are going to use a lot of QD worrying about that. I would focus on removing bird droppings, and any hard water drips you pick up, like when driving under a bridge, etc.

For removing something, you want to spray the spot, spray your cloth, and dab/blot as much as possible. Try to keep rubbing to a minimum.

I have a MF in the car, but no QD.

Comment

Can you use UQD instead of QD for these type of "touchup" bird dropping, hard water spot situations? Optionally?

Comment

Sure. That would be a fine use for UQD. Whatever you have on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by GenTarkin View Post
                    Dang this sounds like a 8hr day job to get all this done. Is there a quick way to protecting my paint or do I have to go through this entire process?
                    You're finding out that a Black car is a part time job. Welcome to the Club!

Mike
                    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

It doesn't take long for the acid in a bird dropping to eat away the paint protectant and start etching the paint so you do want to do your best to remove any bird droppings as fast as possible.

It's a great idea to keep a bottle of Quik Detailer in your car or truck but if it's hot where you live then take that into consideration. Not sure how hot it can get inside a closed up car in the summer but pretty hot.

Keep some with you or you can always dart into an auto parts store and pick up a bottle for around $5.00

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        It doesn't take long for the acid in a bird dropping to eat away the paint protectant and start etching the paint so you do want to do your best to remove any bird droppings as fast as possible.

It's a great idea to keep a bottle of Quik Detailer in your car or truck but if it's hot where you live then take that into consideration. Not sure how hot it can get inside a closed up car in the summer but pretty hot.

Keep some with you or you can always dart into an auto parts store and pick up a bottle for around $5.00

QD or UQD right mike? lol =)

Comment

Originally posted by GenTarkin View Post
                          QD or UQD right mike? lol =)
                          Either one but since QD is less expensive it's usually a better choice for cleaning off Bird Droppings because you want to use plenty of product for this kind if thing to hyper-lubricate the paint while removing.

UQD is "Date Night" quick detailer...

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

UQD is "Date Night" quick detailer...
                            Just dont tell the wife....

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                              Just dont tell the wife....
                              haha VERY funny (this is Lori, the wife)

Hey when I was driving my car around yesterday I noticed little dust patches kind of gathering in swirl/circular forms on the back lower bumper, behind the tires. Is this normal? The dust is probably just sticking to the wax but it just formed weird patterns. I did take a few pics but I don't know how to upload them to the forum yet. I'm just wondering if you know why this may be happening?

Thanks!

Comment

Besides what the tires kick up, that is also a narea where the air is kind of swirling, instead of blowing over the car like in the front. So you will tend to get dirt bacck there.

You may notice that after driving in the rain, the front of your car may be dry, then then back of the trunk and back bumper will still be wet. Kind of the same idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');