• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Originally posted by rms View Post
    Tim I simply love your write up. I'm fairly new to this Meguiars forum, so I have not had much chance to read or post. I follow a lot of our South African forums, but I thought I would get the info I was looking for right here on the main Meguiars forum, and I was right. I love Meguiars products, and that's all we use!

I see a lot of talk about the M-205, so I thought I would check it out, I already use M105. Tim you answered all my questions clearly, your photo's matched the high quality of your review. I'm already checking your other reviews.

Thank you again!
    You are very welcome! I am glad I could help!!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Hey, Tim, after using the polishing pad with M205, you used the finishing pad as well. How much pressure did you apply using the finishing pad and M205? I just polished my hood with yellow pad and M205, and I wanted to try your techinique. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by EPHIOS View Post
        Hey, Tim, after using the polishing pad with M205, you used the finishing pad as well. How much pressure did you apply using the finishing pad and M205? I just polished my hood with yellow pad and M205, and I wanted to try your techinique. Thanks!
        Hey,

With the finishing pad, I will apply light to moderate pressure depending upon the hardness of the paint. Often, I tend to use a fairly moderate amount of pressure as I find that the abrasives in the M205 respond quite well to the pressure. I would do a test spot and see how your paint reacts to varying pressure. Also, just to add, besides the moderate pressure, I also use speed 5 on the DA with the finishing pad.

I hope this helps!

Tim

Comment

Thank you, Tim!

Comment

WHEN I get my new Ram diesel and black mercedes looking as fantastic as your truck is, I can then step back and tell myself that I did learn something from this entire site.

BTW, what I would give to have back my 1949 Ford V8 Flathead. Could pull the engine and tranny and put it back in one day. Forget the wax I used but it put a good shine on it. Now with the two new vehicles I have, I open the hood, check the oil and transmission fluid and slam the hood shut. It's like nobody cares about what's under the hood, it's the "shine" that counts. Is this detailing disease we all have really therapy? Life is good!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slidder View Post
              WHEN I get my new Ram diesel and black mercedes looking as fantastic as your truck is, I can then step back and tell myself that I did learn something from this entire site.

BTW, what I would give to have back my 1949 Ford V8 Flathead. Could pull the engine and tranny and put it back in one day. Forget the wax I used but it put a good shine on it. Now with the two new vehicles I have, I open the hood, check the oil and transmission fluid and slam the hood shut. It's like nobody cares about what's under the hood, it's the "shine" that counts. Is this detailing disease we all have really therapy? Life is good!!!!
              Hey Slidder!

I know this is an old post, but I have been gone a LONG time!

I would LOVE to see pics of your 1949 Ford V8 Flathead!!

Enjoy your Ram!! I am certain that you will be able to achieve the best finish possible! Any questions, just drop a message!!

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');