• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

I am working on o8 Scion tc and o8 Lexus GS350. Both cars have a considerable amount of swirl marks and minor blemishes. I do own the Meguiars G110 DA Polisher along with the washable pads. I used both generations of Swirl X and I can say that they are both great products..however it takes me a good amount of time to fix a little area like the trunk. So I was looking for a product that would have a little more sand or grit or whatever you call it. Something a little more aggressive to speed up the process. In the past I have only tried using polish once and it was not a good experience. It seemed like the polish created more swirls and was incredibly hard to work with. Oh and I used the standard Deep Crystal polish from Meguiars if that makes any difference.

I thought that the m205 was a newer version of the m105 since the numbers are just one ahead of the other..hmm guess I was wrong. Unfortunately I can not get pictures at this moment. So the best image I can give you is that both cars have swirls marks. Lexus being a little more severe.

So would I believe m105 would be ideal for my situation however my question is whether w-8207 pad would be the best pad to use? I remember you explaining how the m105 was originally meant for a wool pad. Sorry for the long essay, I appreciate everyone's help to rid me of my little dilemma.

Thanks!

Comment

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound with the W8207 pad should do the trick for ya.

Comment

How long have you had the polisher?

I would call megs customer support and see what they say
        2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
        2005 Honda CRF250R
        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

just wondering how well does m205 compare with Prima Swirl

Comment

Aloha Tim,

I was blown away at how rich the ford ranger looked when fully detailed and out in the sun. Looks brand new. It seems you are a forum guru. Not to be off subject but what trim detailer on the hard plastic over wheel wells do you use? Also what tire dressing do you use? It is a very nice balance between the 'new tire' look and the wet/shiny tire look.

Great job (WOW!) again and appreciate any info. You have definitely encouraged me to jump on the M twins band wagon.

Mahalo,

Ian

Comment

The more I use M205 the more I like it. What will I ever do with my remaining M80.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by ///E View Post
                Aloha Tim,

I was blown away at how rich the ford ranger looked when fully detailed and out in the sun. Looks brand new. It seems you are a forum guru. Not to be off subject but what trim detailer on the hard plastic over wheel wells do you use? Also what tire dressing do you use? It is a very nice balance between the 'new tire' look and the wet/shiny tire look.

Great job (WOW!) again and appreciate any info. You have definitely encouraged me to jump on the M twins band wagon.

Mahalo,

Ian
                Thanks Ian and welcome to MOL!

I used Meguiar's All Season Dressing on the tires. For the plastic wheel well fender flares, I use Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss.

Any other questions, just let me know...

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

as always..............

TIM

YOU KNOW WHO!!!!! LOL
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Hey Tim, how long does ASD generally last on your tires?

I have some on the way so I was just curious. thanks Tim.
                    Nick
                    815-954-0773

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      Hey Tim, how long does ASD generally last on your tires?

I have some on the way so I was just curious. thanks Tim.

Hey Nick,

I have found ASD to last a LONG time, and does not attract dust as badly as other dressings. It is hard to place a time frame on it as there are many factors like rain, etc. As you know, I have tried all kinds of dressings and the best on tires, IMHO, is ASD!!!

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

+1, my tires stay wet looking for a long time, and it seems the fade of ASD is much more forgiving than other products, I havn't re-applied it to my tires in 3 weeks after 2 washes
                        "Every moment frontin and maxin
                        Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                        "

Comment

The paint on the few vehicles that I've detailed so far wasn't bad at all. I was able to use M205 followed by NXT2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                            Hey Nick,

I have found ASD to last a LONG time, and does not attract dust as badly as other dressings. It is hard to place a time frame on it as there are many factors like rain, etc. As you know, I have tried all kinds of dressings and the best on tires, IMHO, is ASD!!!

Tim

Thanks Tim.

I applied ASD to my tires the other day and it still looks awesome.
                            Nick
                            815-954-0773

Comment

I haven't visited the forum in awhile, but I just wanted to say. WOW!!!!! It looks like I can reach into the surface and swirl my hand around in that blue.

One of these days I'm going to have to get serious about this stuff like you obviously are.

WOW!!!

Comment

Tim I simply love your write up. I'm fairly new to this Meguiars forum, so I have not had much chance to read or post. I follow a lot of our South African forums, but I thought I would get the info I was looking for right here on the main Meguiars forum, and I was right. I love Meguiars products, and that's all we use!

I see a lot of talk about the M-205, so I thought I would check it out, I already use M105. Tim you answered all my questions clearly, your photo's matched the high quality of your review. I'm already checking your other reviews.

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');