• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *NEW* Meguiar's M205 Ultra Finishing Polish Review!!!!

Tim, thanks for taking the time to post pictures with this write-up! I always appreciate your very knowledgeable hands-on experience. Please come back and be a Moderator again!!!

Comment

Excellent write up and detail on the Ranger. I used 205 on my '07 Lucerne a couple of weeks ago and even with my limited knowledge of detailing, I could tell a huge difference in it & M80. I will have to learn the KB method of pad priming now because that seems to be the big thing on this forum right now & if KB does it, it must work.

Dave
      You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Man! Excellent write as usual Tim. I can't wait to get my #205!!

How long did it take to tape that? And so neat. I am not the greatest taper. LOL!

The blue was a good color demo the product, it just pops!

Kelly
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Originally posted by dvtldav View Post
          I will have to learn the KB method of pad priming now because that seems to be the big thing on this forum right now & if KB does it, it must work.

Dave
          Not 100% true...I wouldn't comb my hair the way Kevin Brown does. LOL...

Kidding aside, KB knows his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Rose View Post

He's a good guy to boot!
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Tim, very impressive write up. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your knowledge/experience.

M205 is a great follow up to M105. You've illustrated that well.

Looking forward to more of your detailed write-ups.

But really want you to come and organize my garage! Love how you keep yours!

Comment

Great work Tim. I look forward to trying the M twins.
                -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

Visit Our Site - Presidential Automotive Detailing
                  Authorized CQuartz FINEST Installer

Comment

Just out of curiousity, is there a singular form of the word "hair"?

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by kellyinkc View Post

Man! Excellent write as usual Tim. I can't wait to get my #205!!

How long did it take to tape that? And so neat. I am not the greatest taper. LOL!

The blue was a good color demo the product, it just pops!

Kelly
                      Thank you Kelly!

It takes a fair amount of time to tape up the finish. But there is nothing worse than getting compound behind the lip of the headlights, door jambs etc. To me, a detail is the whole package. If the paint is shiny, but there is compound in every nook and cranny, it makes the whole detail quality look poor. So I take the extra time to tape everything. I also try and be as neat as I can with the tape as again I want the maximum amount of paint available for polishing, hence the reason I use 3 different tape widths.

Another example, the new Ford's have some type of new material for the bottom window molding. The material always makes the molding look like new, but barely touching it with compound or even tape, creates a real mess. So I use a very narrow tape around the very edge of the molding and remain very cognitive while buffing around it that I do not slip; one slip with the rotary and that molding may be damaged.

Thanks again Kelly!! You may not be the straightest taper, but I have seen photos of your car and your detailing skills are excellent!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                        What a delight to have another Tim Lingor review. As always, this review of M205 is thorough, honest, and instructive. Thank you, Sir!
                        Thank you Al!

I just hope all of my reviews are helpful to the MOL community.

Tim

Comment

Tim, very impressive write up. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your knowledge/experience.

M205 is a great follow up to M105. You've illustrated that well.

Looking forward to more of your detailed write-ups.

But really want you to come and organize my garage! Love how you keep yours!
                          Thanks Jason!

As for your garage, you are on your own!

Tim
                          Last edited by Tim Lingor; Mar 27, 2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Another thorough, useful, and easy to follow write-up, Tim!

Write-ups of this caliber take an incredible amount of time to put together. This one is top-notch.
                            It will be referenced for years to come. The write-up is good, but the paint is freaking killer!!

Yes, the M205 is a bit finicky. For me, this is not to be looked upon as a bad thing.
                            Adjustments made to pressure, speed, and quantity of liquid being applied allow the user to make it work on virtually any paint type.
                            It just takes patience. Most of the time, M205 is a no-brainer.
                            Simply prime the pad, apply some polish, work it for two or three slow passes, and you are looking at glorious clarity and gloss.

In years past, a guy had to invest hundreds of hours learning how to best handle a rotary buffer.
                            Honestly, the rotary was the best choice available to seriously revitalize and beautify automotive paint.
                            Then!- he had to spend extra time on every paint job figuring out the best combination of these parameters:
                            • Buffer speed (low, high, low and then high, and on and on)
                            • Applied pressure
                            • Buffing pad or pads
                            • Polishing liquid or liquids
                            • Quantity of liquid per application
                            • Whether to buff the surface dry or not

This could sometimes take several hours!
                            Not to mention the time to wipe or wash the car to remove abrasive or chemical residue.
                            Then when you figure the high danger factor while using a rotary... Wow.
                            A long polishing session could really wear you out!

Now, as your pictures and write-up confirms... It's just not that hard to do anymore.
                            As you mentioned, there's still adjustments we can make in order to wring out the best results per car.
                            That being said... It is sooo much easier to do with products like M205 and the random-orbital.

BTW- That garage looks like it was designed for a catalog... Mmmm. Cozy.
                            Kevin Brown
                            NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Awesome write up Tim! I always look forward to reading your reviews.

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                              I actually have photos shot already for a feather sanding write-up I was going to do last spring. Let me see what I can do.
                              I would be very interested to see a write up on feather sanding as well.

Thanks,
                              Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by AZStang View Post
                                Awesome write up Tim! I always look forward to reading your reviews.

I would be very interested to see a write up on feather sanding as well.

Thanks,
                                Shawn
                                This might help you with the feather sanding.

guide to wet sanding

Andy
                                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');