• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat boat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat boat???

Mike,
    This is my 1st post. Thanks for the great site. I am picking up my new wakeboard boat this weekend (gelcoat). I want to put at least one coat of wax on her before she hits the water. I have used the Meguiars Marine products (one step compound) in the past and been very happy. Can/should I use NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat? This stuff sounds awsome. If not, should I use the No.45 Polish before I use the No.63 Flagship Marine Wax, or is the polish not necessary since it is a brand new boat?
    Thank You!
    dtown

Re: NXT Tech Wax 2.0 on gelcoat boat???

Yes, Nxt 2.0 can be used.

I have no idea how it holds up in water compared to the Marine waxes though.

Using a polish before waxing is always an option, but you may not see much of a difference.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You definitely want to Polish and Wax her before she goes in the water, it doesn't matter if she's new or not.

NXT will work but I still think that you should use the Designated Marine Line Products that you listed.
      Matt

Comment

Thanks guys.

Do you guys know what the difference is between the NXT Tech wax and the boat wax?

Comment

Originally posted by dtown View Post
          Thanks guys.

Do you guys know what the difference is between the NXT Tech wax and the boat wax?
          I would imagine the Marine Line waxes hold up against Marine like conditions better than automotive waxes would in a Marine enviroment, such as constant salt and water for example
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');