• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRUSTRATED - How Do I Keep Birds Off My Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FRUSTRATED - How Do I Keep Birds Off My Car?

Another update:

The holographic bird tape seems to have worked so far!

It does look kinda funny hanging down all around my car (like I'm trying to sell the car & draw attention to it or something), but hey - whatever works.

We'll see how long before somebody pulls it down. No matter, I've got 50m of the stuff!
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I am glad the tape is working for you. Never heard of it before. Glad you are bird free.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        We have a great sense of humor, fact is we just don't need or want the kind of humor like you've been posting. As I posted above, you can express yourself like that on other forums, but not this one.

Threads on the topic of birds and cats usually turn this direction and we're not going to allow it. So if you can't resist posting what we've clearly stated we don't allow, then maybe it's time to push away from the keyboard.

Thank you for understanding.

Talk about a forum xxxx

[Edit: Offensive word removed and member place in Time Out -Mike Phillips]

Comment

Originally posted by ShinyMopar View Post
          Talk about a forum nazi
          You don't like how Mike Phillips administrates this forum, then take a hike.
          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Talk about a forum nazi
            Your comment is beyond rude...it is offensive. It is takes due diligence to keep a forum Family Friendly. If MOL is not up to your liking, then I suggest you find another site.

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Talk about a forum xxxx (offensive word removed)

By deciding to post your comment today expressing your emotions, you've broken a few forum rules which I shall list below and include a link to the forum rules so you can re-read them, familiarize yourself with them and abide by them or suffer the consequences.

Forum Rules

Looks like you've broken rules, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7.

So consider this your "Polite Warning" as deemed by our Code of Justice and a temporary ban of two weeks.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Glad to hear the tape is working out! Maybe I need to get some of that until I can manage to get it to stay away from my car, lol.

Comment

The bird tape is still working great!

I'm actually quite surprised, as even the guy who sold it to me didn't sound too confident that it would be that effective against Myna birds.

I'm also surprised that nobody has ripped it down yet

Originally posted by Tim Lingor
                  If MOL is not up to your liking, then I suggest you find another site.
                  Well said Tim. Or at least find another thread or PM / email to air your complaints. I'm just genuinely looking for a solution to a problem and sharing my findings with the MOL community.
                  Originally posted by Blueline
                  I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lingor View Post
                    Your comment is beyond rude...it is offensive. It is takes due diligence to keep a forum Family Friendly. If MOL is not up to your liking, then I suggest you find another site.

Tim
                    Could not agree more. Very well said.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                      Could not agree more. Very well said.
                      Thanks guys. I appreciate that.

As for the original topic, I live in a valley where we have a lot of orchards. To scare the birds, the farmers use air canons which obviously would not work for you. BUT they also use aluminum pie plates hanging from fishing line. The wind causes the plates to move and sparkle scaring the birds. I have also seen people use a salmon dodger/flasher. It is used for fishing, but again, if hung from a nearby tree or roof overhang, it may be enough to scare them away.

One last observation, but I mention this as only a point of interest as I have no evidence to support it except from personal experience. If you keep a bird feeder in your yard, away from the vehicles, maybe it was coincidence but my vehicles got hit a lot less often. I think the birds were too curious about the food and stayed away from the vehicles! I know this seems opposite to rational thinking, here I was attracting birds to my yard. But for me, it worked very well.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');