• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRUSTRATED - How Do I Keep Birds Off My Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FRUSTRATED - How Do I Keep Birds Off My Car?

The Answer
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
    www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
    Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hemin8r View Post
      I love it! Too funny!
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

That was hilarious.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

LOL, haven't seen that video in some time!!!

Comment

LOL, why didn't I think of that?
            Originally posted by Blueline
            I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers
              2 3/4" #4 shot in 12ga. should do the trick
              Believe me, nothing would give me more satisfaction! ...Probably wouldn't go down too well with the owner of the carpark though...
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Just an update - the birds are still giving me grief!

It turned out that the electronic bird repeller was not suitable for the type of bird I'm trying to repel (which I found out was a Common Myna bird btw).

I also tried the rice idea with no success. I put rice out for a period of two weeks. They just eat it and then sit there laughing at me when I get back to the car.

I've since come across this:

Holographic bird tape that is supposed to scare the birds both visually as the light reflects off it and audibly as it crackles in the breeze.

I'll be hanging some strips in the car park tomorrow morning, so we'll see how it goes. I'm not holding my breath but it was pretty cheap, so worth a try!

Stay tuned...

Comment

That hood smacking that pidgeon was too funny!

I had a problem with birds sitting in my oak tree above the driveway pooping on my wife's truck. I mean all over it every day! I tied a weight on some nylon fishing line and threw it in the tree, the weight came down and I threw it again, and so on, wrapping it several times through the branches. When finished I cut the weight off so it couldn't fall somehow and cause a dent.

No more bird poop on our trucks!

Tie some fishing line above your car if you can in several directions. Outdoor restaurants here do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
                    Tie some fishing line above your car if you can in several directions. Outdoor restaurants here do the same thing.
                    Great suggestion, thanks for that!

I think my case is a bit different to yours since the birds are landing on the car itself, not above it. It's still worth a try though since it's easy to do and cheap. There are two steel beams and fire sprinkler pipes above my car spot so there is plenty to tie fishing line to.

Comment

Now now guys, you gotta keep this rated "G" for those with no sense of humor around here.

No more mentioning 12 ga. 2 3/4" shells (20 ga. work fine, btw), no more cruelity to animals (alka seltzer works faster), otherwise this tread will be locked, just like the one named "How do I keep cats off my car?"

Comment

Originally posted by Executive Detailing View Post
                        Now now guys, you gotta keep this rated "G" for those with no sense of humor around here.

No more mentioning 12 ga. 2 3/4" shells (20 ga. work fine, btw), no more cruelity to animals (alka seltzer works faster), otherwise this tread will be locked, just like the one named "How do I keep cats off my car?"

2 of your posts have been reported today, one was moved to the Moderator's forum, this one we're replying to you and highlighting our forum rules for you to read and comply with.

We actively maintain a family friendly forum and in real simple terms that means my kids have to be able to read it and look at it and my Grandpa and Grandma have to be able to read it and look at it and nothing they read or see on this forum should offend them including discussions on ways to eliminated animals.

There are plenty of other forums will much more free-wheeling rules where you can post that kind of talk but this is not one of them.

So please take a moment to read through our the forum rules and comply with them in your posts on this forum. Here the link to the Forum Rules, please note rules 1, 2, 3, 4 & 7

Thank you for your cooperation.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Wow, no sense of humor anywhere here.
                          I understand the whole "PC" of this forum, but in the same sense, if parents can not teach their kids right from wrong (i.e. the COMICAL responses of keeping birds or cats off cars) then society is worse off then I realised.

Kids now days hear much worse things on the evening news, heck, even in their own schools.

I am sorry for having a sense of humor, and for those of you who understood that is all was in HUMOR, there is more to come (but I have a feeling I am about to be banned for life!)

TTFN

Comment

Mike, I trust you wont lock this thread for the actions of one individual. Feel free to edit posts in this thread if you consider them offensive.

Executive Detailing - I know it can seem a bit rough sometimes but rules are rules and we should abide by them.

Comment

Wow, no sense of humor anywhere here.
                              We have a great sense of humor, fact is we just don't need or want the kind of humor like you've been posting. As I posted above, you can express yourself like that on other forums, but not this one.

Threads on the topic of birds and cats usually turn this direction and we're not going to allow it. So if you can't resist posting what we've clearly stated we don't allow, then maybe it's time to push away from the keyboard.

Thank you for understanding.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

there is more to come
                                No there's not. Do not carry on any longer with your idea of humor in this thread.

Consider this your "Polite Warning".

(but I have a feeling I am about to be banned for life!)
                                If you break our forum rules we will apply the code of justice as outlined in the forum rules. Again, here's our forum rules, consider this your "Polite Warning".

Forum Rules

When Meguiar's Online when live in January 2004 our goal was to create an Online community for learning about car care and detailing. A place for "Car Crazy" enthusiasts to share and learn from the experience and knowledge of others. We pride ourselves on providing a family friendly and polite community for constructive conversation.

Meguiar's Online Member Rules

1. No personal attacks toward members or non-members will be tolerated.

2. No arguing with Moderators or Administrators.

3. You are welcome to disagree but you must be polite.

4. No bashing any company or their products. No bashing other people. If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all.

5. Forum Nicknames and Avatars must be family friendly, they cannot even hint towards anything raunchy, sleazy, sexual or inappropriate. When in doubt we will err on the side of caution and ask you to choose a different nickname. E-mail addresses cannot be used as a forum nickname.

6. No politics. Politics are a very important part of our culture and it's important that everyone be involved to the degree that they are compelled but not on this forum. There are hundreds, possibly thousands of political websites and political discussion forums and if you want to talk about politics then these other discussion forums is where you need to post your opinions, not here on MeguiarsOnline.com Also we will not allow forum nicknames or Avatars with any political implications. MOL is about discussing car care not politics.

7. Keep language "G Rated", this includes insinuations. If you wouldn't say it in front of your grandparents, your parents or your children, then you shouldn't probably be posting to the Meguiar's Online forum.

8. Only appropriate pictures suitable for all audiences will be allowed, this includes avatars. If the photo is questionable at all it will be deleted at our discretion without warning.

9. Clickable Links are allowed after new members have over 30 substantial posts . Self-promoting clickable links are not allowed and will not be tolerated in messages. Self-promoting links are allowed in signature Lines once a member reaches Level 2 Privileges. Self-promoting statements, phone numbers or e-mails addresses are also not allowed in your posts.

10. Only one account per member! The only conceivable reason for multiple accounts, would be for fraudulent activity. You will be banned for this action immediately.

11. Continuously breaking the rules to disrupt the online community will result in you being banned from the forum with little or no warning.

12. No Commercial sales or samples from competing companies. One post trying to hawk your wares and you will have banned yourself permanently.

13. All messages posted to MeguiarsOnline become the property of Meguiar's Inc. and may not be deleted without first obtaining permission. Deleting messages without permission will result in immediate banning from the forum.

Signatures Rules Level I
                                1. No Clickable Links Allowed to Commercial Websites
                                2. No Clickable Links Allowed to Other Discussion Forums
                                3. No Phone numbers or Email addresses will be allowed
                                4. No signature photos allowed (this option is not enabled)
                                5. Nothing rude, crude or impolite will be allowed

Signatures Rules Level 2 - After 30 Relevant Posts
                                1. Clickable Links Allowed
                                2. Phone numbers allowed
                                3. Clickable email addresses allowed
                                4. No signature photos allowed (this option is not enabled).
                                5. Nothing rude, crude or impolite will be allowed

Justice for Breaking the Rules - Color Code:
                                We are human and we all make mistakes, however, there will be consequences for your actions as follows:

Blue = Polite warning via email to remind you of the rules.
                                Green = E-mail warning and possible 1 to 7 day suspension.
                                Red = You will have banned yourself immediately with little or no warning.

Exceptions:
                                We stand behind our Moderators, if our Moderators think you're causing problems for the online community they are empowered to take whatever action necessary to correct the problem.
                                Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');