• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrgghh! Tree Chipper!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrgghh! Tree Chipper!

I got up early this morning to move my car because the city had scheduled removal of a dead tree from along the street. But lo and behold, the tree trimming crew actually arrived ON TIME for the scheduled 7:00 AM start time. I rushed through my shower, skipped the shave, hurriedly dressed and got out the door to move my car away from the action, even though my car was parked in a "safe" area outside the work area.

These guys are fast. By the time I got to my car (7:15) the crew had already lopped off the branches and were tossing them into a tree chipper. Big geyser of sawdust and sizeable wood chips was being plumed everywhere. The outer perimeter was about a foot from my car's front bumper. I thanked my good fortune and nodded at the crew as I drove away from the operation. I passed a sticker-new, black (shudder) Acura TSX completely covered in sawdust and chips.

The owner had parked it directly under one of the No Parking signs which had been up for a week warning of the tree removal with the date prominently written in large characters. I flinched as I watched quarter size chunks of chipped tree bouncing off the Acura's roof and hood. Other cars parked nearby were catching less of the action but were older, beater type vehicles, so their owners would probably brush the debris off their cars with their sleeves or just drive off. But that Acura owner, I feel for him. Probably just forgot or figured that the city crew would be an hour late or so.

Re: Arrgghh! Tree Chipper!

I feel bad for the Acura guy, but the sign was posted.
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by RaskyR1 View Post
      I feel bad for the Acura guy, but the sign was posted.

Me too. But, if the signs were up for a week in advance, he shouldn't have parked there. Hopefully there is no damage to his vehicle.

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I would have skipped the shower to save the car, lol!! Glad you got it out in time though!

Comment

Sorry to Hear the Bad News!!
          That Really Must Stink!!
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

Glad no harm came to your vehicle. As for the Acura, oh well he was warned. No one to blame but himself.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
              I would have skipped the shower to save the car, lol!! Glad you got it out in time though!
              Me to !! If I were in the middle of the shower and heard the tree trimmers I might of ran out naked screaming at the top of my lungs!! STOP!!
              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I have no idea where the Acura owner lives on my street, otherwise I would have knocked on his door to warn him. I know he takes care of his car because he usually parks it behind mine (I drive a 2008 Accord) and always maintains a respectable bumper distance. I figure he sees my car nearly always cleaned and polished and probably reasons that if I take care of my car, I will be careful with his.

Unfortunately, I don't have a driveway and like my Acura driving neighbor, I have to park on the street. But that's why I keep my 93 Civic. The Civic is officially retired, but it's main duty now is to placehold my primo parking spot on the street for my Accord, even taking one for the team this morning by braving the tree chipper assault to hold my space (but it was not affected by the sawdust at all). Owned the new car for 6 months and I have never lost my parking space - in front of my house and just off my next door neighbor's driveway. AR, you bet!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');