• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Seat Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Seat Care

I read recently that most leather seats, except in really high priced cars, actually have a layer of some sort of clear protectant over them and that this means leather conditioners do little good on these seats. Does anyone know if this is true and how you can tell if your seats are like this.

Re: Leather Seat Care

I moved this into Detailing 101 as "Hot Topics" is for moderators to move topics into only.

Mark

Comment

It's true. Most leather is coated.

What make and model of car?

Otherwise take a drip of water and put it on your seat, if it darkens the color of the leather then drys back to normal color it's not protected, if it doesn't then it's protected.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by RayS View Post
        I read recently that most leather seats, except in really high priced cars, actually have a layer of some sort of clear protectant over them and that this means leather conditioners do little good on these seats. Does anyone know if this is true and how you can tell if your seats are like this.
        I think most NA cars have protected leather, however a little cleaning and conditioner now and then DOES make them look good if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');