• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What vehicle for a mobile detailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What vehicle for a mobile detailer?

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    Cosmetically poor would be the reason I'm looking at getting something else.
    is a repaint an option? i would think you could trade skills with any paintshop and be out of pocket product rather than dollars. But then again if your company is doing well and you have the means then why not. Im kinda curious as to whether or not this economy has slowed down detailers? I wasn't surprised to see that places like autozone and pepboys are doing well since people are fixing what they have rather than getting new

Comment

Originally posted by blackmachdown View Post
      is a repaint an option? i would think you could trade skills with any paintshop and be out of pocket product rather than dollars. But then again if your company is doing well and you have the means then why not. Im kinda curious as to whether or not this economy has slowed down detailers? I wasn't surprised to see that places like autozone and pepboys are doing well since people are fixing what they have rather than getting new
      Well I have a theory on that. Detailers in High-end cities and tourist destinations like San Diego and Miami, would still have some business because in both of these cities, image tends to be very important, if not everything. People want the image of success and what better way than having a flawless shine on your car? But again its just a theory.

EDIT: Clarification: When I say poor cosmetic condition I was referring to the lead-based orange paint that is still on some of these trucks. This paint didn't hold up too well and was prone to chipping. Because it was lead-based paint and we had several "anti-lead" and "lead awareness" programs, at least when I was there, the new vehicles that are added to the fleet are all painted white.
      "Surely you can't be serious!?"
      "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

Comment

Just a suggestion is that if it is not too expensive you could pick up an auctioned van with bad paint condition and get it repainted, but get it repainted so people would turn their head to look at your van. Like the red bull van here http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2210/...a7d68d.jpg?v=0 Just something to get people's attention. Just a thought

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by blackmachdown View Post
          Repaint is not an option, way to much rust.
          AeroCleanse, LLC
          Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Vehicle wrap far cheaper too
            WrightDetail
            The Wright Way
            2007 Chevy HHR
            2008 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 1500

Comment

Here's my $0.02, take it for what it's worth

Van is the only way to go. Period, end of story. And don't settle for some rinky dink little one either. Get the biggest and best quality you can afford. When I was shopping for a van, I wanted the little Chevy Astro van. Something small, easy to park, and something that gets good gas mileage. I test drove about 20, and was about to buy one. Checked around on Ebay the night before I was going to buy it and found a 2004 1 ton Chevy van for a good price and jumped on it. That was the smartest decision I ever made!

You will outgrow the smaller vans really fast! I had my van completely filled up within the first year, and I need more room(and remember, I'm in a full size 1 ton!). I'm now starting to build a 2nd floor inside the van to get more stuff inside. I like to be prepared for any job at any time. If someone ask you to do something for them, and you don't have the tools/products to do it, they may change their mind before you run home and get everything you need, then get back, so make sure you have everything with you all the time(I can't stress this enough!). I can do anything from a basic wash, all the way up to a full wet sand, buff and polish out of this van. It is FULLY FUNCTIONAL! And make sure you get things like a large water tank. Mine is 90 gallons. It's enough to wash about 20 cars if you stretch it(like I said, be prepared for anything at any time!)

Here are some pictures of my van...

[img]
              2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
              2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
              2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Or you can just save yourself a bunch of troubles and buy mine! Everything included for the right price
                2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
                2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
                2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                  Or you can just save yourself a bunch of troubles and buy mine! Everything included for the right price
                  I'll probably end up buying a Ford E-series when the money is available. It can't be any longer than my extended cab F-150, or it won't fit in the garage.
                  AeroCleanse, LLC
                  Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
                  www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');