• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synthetic Sealant 2.0 Brazil , help on how to use!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthetic Sealant 2.0 Brazil , help on how to use!

Good day This is my first post, my name is Leandro and I'm now living in Brazil in order to the use of synthetic sealant 2.0 and would like to know how to apply it, I have a g220 and foam finishing pad w9006 , I would like help on how to implement the g220? thanks to all!

Re: Synthetic Sealant 2.0 Brazil , help on how to use!

Welcome!

Like any other liquid wax, apply adequate product to the pad, dab the pad onto the paint on several spots (if you prefer) and set to speed 3 and start spreading. Let haze, do the swipe test - if done, buff off.

Here a quick video where they use the G220 to polish the paint and consequently applying wax (2:55).

Hope that helps.

Tim
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Re: Synthetic Sealant 2.0 Brazil , help on how to use!

Originally posted by TimG View Post
      dab the pad onto the paint on several spots (if you prefer)
      That's called, "Kissing the finish", when you dab portions of the product on your pad to the paint before turning the polisher on and spreading out the wax.

The idea being to avoid just squishing all the product up inside of the foam which is what happens when you place the face of your foam pad against the paint with all of the product on the pad.

Personal preference, Meguiar's doesn't teach the Kissing the finish technique as a recommended procedure but a lot of people do do it this way.

Originally posted by TimG View Post
      and set to speed 3 and start spreading. Let haze, do the swipe test - if done, buff off.
      Perfect.

Here's the article on this,

The Swipe Test

In normal temperatures and humidity, M21 will dry in about 10 to 15 minutes when applied using a thin coat which is very easy to do when applying by machine.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');