• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tech wax or Gold Class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tech wax or Gold Class?

I know this topic has been brought up a lot, and I have read those, but I want to introduce something else.

I am really torn between the decision of getting NXT Tech Wax or Gold Class.

I have heard good things about both, and how they are both great. I believe them, but I have also heard that the NXT Tech wax INSTANTLY turns black plastic white, and if the car is even slightly warm and you put NXT Wax on, it doesn't work well.

Will someone please advise me? thanks.

BTW-For my usage, I will be using single layering, and I will wax it once every 1 month and 1 week.

to Meguiar's Online!

Gold Class is a mix of carnauba and synthetic wax and this gives exceptional shine and great protection. NXT Tech Wax on the other hand is made up of synthetic polymers which acts as a chained barrier in comparison to how Gold Class protects the paint finish. Not only does NXT give your car an awesome shine, it also protects your paint stronger than Gold Class.

As for the rubber trims, I think that any wax would turn them to white that's why it's not recommended to apply wax in these areas.

I hope this helps.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for the help. I heard that NXT turns black trim white instantly. I hope that is not the case, because if I make a little mistake it would be great if I could wipe it off.

Anyway, you would recommend NXT for good shine and better than gold class if I were to use a single layer?

What is the best temperature to apply NXT?

Sorry I have so many questions. The car this will be going on will be a 2005 Mustang GT Torch Red.

Comment

Originally posted by Badandy
        Thanks for the help. I heard that NXT turns black trim white instantly. I hope that is not the case, because if I make a little mistake it would be great if I could wipe it off.
        Hi Badandy,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I applied a big gob of NXT Tech Wax to the hard plastic mud guards on our 04 Pilot and let it dry for a few days and it wiped right off. On other plastic and rubber trim I have applied it to it has also wiped right off. On some trim it will turn white if you don't wipe it off. But if you discover some that you missed, a brisk wipe or agitating it with a nylon brush should loosen and remove it.

Sorry I have so many questions. The car this will be going on will be a 2005 Mustang GT Torch Red.
        Check out the FAQ question for this in the Meguiar's Automotive FAQ

Out of over 60 questions in the FAQ found here,

Meguiar's *NEW* FAQ

I have manage to re-create 3 of them in our forum.

Hope this helps..

Mike

p.s.

I have been testing some popular web-based waxes on some black plastic trim and so far all but one of them has turned white.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Badandy

Anyway, you would recommend NXT for good shine and better than gold class if I were to use a single layer?

Glad to be of help and no problem Badandy! This is what the forums are for! Anyway, maybe you can try taping-off these areas where you don't want you wax to land so that it would save you the trouble of cleaning these areas up... I would suggest NXT because it provides a much greater protection.. Most of Meguiar's products are best if applied in temperatures between 50^F - 90^F.

Post pictures of your before/after! I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results! Good luck!
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Re: NXT Tech wax or Gold Class?

.[QUOTE=Badandy;22641] I heard that NXT turns black trim white instantly. I hope that is not the case, because if I make a little mistake it would be great if I could wipe it off.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Have you thought about taping the molding prior to wax? rookie1

Comment

I've had great success with NXT Tech Wax, no real issues with applying it over black trim. Regardless of whether you use Gold Class NXT 2.0, Ultimate Paste, or a non-meguiars wax or sealant, the key or rule to follow is to use sparingly, apply THIN COATS. This way the wax will be easier to remove and any mistakes like applying on black trim won't be too much of a headache.

Comment

This topic keeps coming up because there seems to be no rational answer, and this is the internet Some members will argue for NXT, some will soon argue for Ultimate, and some will argue for Gold Class (I'm in that group). I've applied GC in full sun on black paint on warm days and had no issues, if that helps, nor does it stain black rubber/plastic.

ALL Meg's waxes are GREAT products, so you really just need to test and choose based on the "look" or "cast" you want (silver vs gold, for example) as well as other "emotional" or irrational reasons we all bring to such decisions. It's pointless for any of us to say which Meg's wax is best, when none are better than the others, which one lasts longer or protects better, when none I've seen actually last noticeably longer or protect better than another - that is, given the exact same conditions of weather and other factors!! In fact, some members will probably even argue against what I just said
                Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
                4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
                First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');