• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading Pics into Gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading Pics into Gallery

Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures in to gallery? I try to upload one pic at a time, and it says "upload successful" but when I look at my photos, they are not there.
    "Surely you can't be serious!?"
    "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

Re: Uploading Pics into Gallery

I'm having trouble just plain uploading pictures. I've read Mike's forum on how to upload photos and read that website he included but I still can't figure it out. It keeps saying my file size is too big, and I can't figure out how to resize the photos. Help!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
      I'm having trouble just plain uploading pictures. I've read Mike's forum on how to upload photos and read that website he included but I still can't figure it out. It keeps saying my file size is too big, and I can't figure out how to resize the photos. Help!
      I think I can talk you through the steps. I don't get any sort of error message at all. LOL

Try opening the picture in windows Paint application. Go to "start" menu, then click on "accessories near the top, then click on "paint". When you're there click "open" at the top left of the screen and look in the file where your pics are located and open them. After that, click on "image" on the top toolbar in the Paint window. Then click on "stretch/skew". this will let you resize your image by percentages.

Hope this helps

Comment

I just uploaded this photo and everything is working normally.

Old Classroom at Meguiar's

I wrote a how-to article on how to upload pictures and part of what I wrote is to go over in DETAIL everything that has to be just right in order for it to work. Read through it and see if you're making one of the common mistakes often made like using the wrong format for a file name or too HUGE of a photo...

Lots of photos with words in the photos to show you what to do and what not to do...

How to place an image in your messages

You can also e-mail me one of your photos and let me try, often times if I can't upload it I can tell you what the problem is. (This is part of how I learned how to write the above how-to article from finding out where people are having problems because they e-mailed me their photos)

mphillips@meguiars.com

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post

Wrote this one this morning,

Working with photos on discussion forums

When it comes to adding a picture to your message, there's multiple ways to do it, here are three tutorials that will teach you everything you need to know in order to,
          • Crop out the fluff.
          • Resize the image to a normal size.
          • Upload your photos into a PhotoPost Gallery and then insert them into your message.
          How to crop your photo's using LviewPro
          How to resize your photos before uploading
          How to place an image in your messages
          How to delete a photo in your gallery

I use Lveiw Pro almost everyday and it's getting harder to find the shareware version...

Just a hint....

Also, anytime you see I'm online give me a call and I can walk you through it, all you need to know is the folder where your photos are located. I've talked on the phone to people that didn't know where the were located thus the requirement.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Is uploading images to posts and the galleries the same thing? I can put pics in posts just fine, its uploading pics into the member galleries that I'm having trouble with. I got two pics in but Im having trouble with the others I want to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby144 View Post
              Is uploading images to posts and the galleries the same thing? I can put pics in posts just fine, its uploading pics into the member galleries that I'm having trouble with. I got two pics in but Im having trouble with the others I want to add.
              Different things...

We don't allow people to

Attach File

That means add a photo to your message simply by clicking the Manage Attachments button.

You have to upload your photo into the gallery and then insert it. That's why theres articles on how to upload photos into the gallery. WE think long term, we've already been around for over 100 years, that's pretty long term. Attaching a photo is a short term approach that corrupts the database over time and hogs up resources.

There's an article on this in Hot Topics that explains why. Hang on...
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

From our Hot Topics forum, (Theres so much info in this forum group)

Why can't I attach a picture to my message?

This is also why we purchased the PhotoPost software and provide all our members with plenty of gallery space.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I figured out why I wasn't having success uploading all the photos, i just needed to re-size them to be a bit smaller. Now the pictures in my gallery I dont want....how do I delete those?

Comment

Originally posted by Robby144 View Post
                    I figured out why I wasn't having success uploading all the photos, i just needed to re-size them to be a bit smaller. Now the pictures in my gallery I dont want....how do I delete those?
                    You don't, heh. Just learn to ignore them...

Comment

Actually you can delete photos out of your gallery, I think there's a thread on this somewhere with screenshots showing which button to click on, if not I'll create one.

Hang tight, it's a Monday morning...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here you go...

How to delete a photo in your gallery

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com