• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite AIO Cleaner Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite AIO Cleaner Wax?

I'm just wondering why the bottle doesn't label any of this?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
      I'm just wondering why the bottle doesn't label any of this?

Yeah, I have thought the same thing before too.

Guess they ran out of good cleaner names
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

On the back of the M20 bottle, it does say that it "Cleans, polishes, and delivers extra-durable protection." But until very recently I did not know that M20 could be categorized as a cleaner wax.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

They use 151 at the Toyota dealer that I work at part time. They buff used cars out with 151 and a foam pad with a rotary. Cars come out great . I also used it by hand on my service van, and that also came out great. Was also easy to use by hand.

Comment

I wish there would be a AIO Cleaner/Wax with Hydrophobic polymers,
            something like NXT Cleaner/Wax :]
            Ganesa,
            Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

ive only used the cleaner wax, and it was on a white van, so I didn;t notice too much in the way of results, but I bet if I tried more of the products listed, I would have seen better results!
              A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

I can accept a cleaner+polish (like SwirlX), but then I want the full protection of NXT-2.0. All-In-One ColorX is for the wifes car
                2010 XRS

Comment

what else
                  my all time favourite
                  i just loves my D 151
                  it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

D151, without a doubt.
                    Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                    Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                    www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Easy to use, cost, results=A12!

Comment

I'm a heretic - I use a non-Meguiar's AIO

Klasse all in one (AIO) - dries as fast as you apply it, and there is no risk of hazing or streaking. All-In-One contains no abrasives or silicones, and does not stain plastic, vinyl or rubber trim. It can be used on any non-porous surface, and in addition to car care it is also approved for marine and aviation use. In my opinion this is the best paint cleaner of its type available and it’s something I’ve been using since the ‘80
                        ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

carlack 68 nano-systematic care. Well, if you're not familiar with that, its basically 95% identical to Klasse all-in-one, just different color bottle and market/country. I apply it to different surfaces (headlights, windows, windshields, etc). However, i don't incorporate it into the meguiars system. Its followed by a coat or 2 of long life sealant (klasse sealant glaze) or a pure car wax unlike meguiars (cleaner, polish/glaze, NXT2).

For really deep clean/correction, Ultimate Compound. I've had good success with it even with hand application, it removes deffects rather than just use fillers.

Comment

D151 is what I've been using quite often lately. Today I used some UC then D151 on an '04 Lexus RX330. Turned out awesome and the guys at the lot were pretty impressed

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                              For future reference, here is the order of abrasiveness of Meguiar's cleaner waxes, as stated by Mike Phillips (from least aggressive to most aggressive):
                              • Meguiar's A12 Cleaner/Wax (Consumer Line - Maroon bottle)
                              • M20 Polymer Sealant
                              • ColorX
                              • M06 Cleaner/Wax (ColorX, M06, M66 are all very close, would put M06 and ColorX on the same par, M06 can be applied by rotary, that is the major difference)
                              • M66 Quick Detailer
                              • D151 PRC
                              Bingo! Thanks Al, that's just the information I was looking for

(Where have you been hiding lately anyway?)
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I use ColorX, and M66 a lot!

I love A12 though, and M06. The scent takes me back to the 90's...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');