• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The difference between # 16 (Professional Paste Wax) and # 26 (HiTech Yellow Wax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between # 16 (Professional Paste Wax) and # 26 (HiTech Yellow Wax)

Hello,

I have a question about the differences between:

# 16 (Professional Paste Wax)
    and
    # 26 (HiTech Yellow Wax)

In Poland I can buy only #16 and there is no #26 on sale now.
    The local distributor says that #16 is much better wax and has more content carnuba.

What do you think about this?
    Last edited by lukaszr; Feb 23, 2009, 01:48 PM.

Re: The difference between # 16 (Professional Paste Wax) and # 26 (HiTech Yellow Wax)

That question has actually come up before, hang on let me see if I can find the thread...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: The difference between # 16 (Professional Paste Wax) and # 26 (HiTech Yellow Wax)

Check these out...

Discussion on Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze, Professional Detailer, PRO Hybrid Ceramic & Other.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hello

Very sorry Mike, but I sought and did not noticed this before.

Thank you very much for your quick hint

Comment

Originally posted by lukaszr View Post
          In Poland I can buy only #16 and there is no #26 on sale now.

The local distributor says that #16 is much better wax and has more content Carnauba.

What do you think about this?
          M16 is a great wax, it has to be to have lasted since 1951 with such a strong following against so many new products introduced to the market in the last 58 years.

To say it's better than M26 is probably a stretch because anyone that's used M26 over the last 30 years knows it too is a great wax.

A better way to compare them would be to say they are different from one another, not better than one another as they are very different waxes in consistency, application and end-results.

When tested on black paint, M26 will always produce a finish that has more depth, clarity and darkness. M16 doesn't tend to add the darkness or richness of color that M26 will give you; M16 does produce great gloss without diminishing any depth and darkness achieved from your prep work.

M26 is easier to work with in that it is easier to wipe-off after it dries and in the instance that a person applies to thick of a coating of M26 it won't break your arm trying to remove it. Anyone that has used M16 incorrectly, that is anyone that has applied a thick coating of M16 and let it fully dry knows it can be like removing concrete off the paint. If however you apply a whisper thin coating of M16 then it wipes off easily. It's all in the technique and thanks to forums like this one the art of applying a traditional true pure paste wax continues into the future.

When M16 came out, it would have been used on something like this,

1954 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Convertible

When it comes to quality waxes with time-proven track records, or even quality paint sealants for that matter, it's usually not a difference between best and better but personal preference.

If you can, pick up a can of M16 and a can of M26 and take them both for a test drive and make up your own mind. Just remember to apply a thin coat of either waxes and note that they should only be applied to paint that is clean and smooth, in excellent condition.

For an added precaution, the first time you use M16 only apply it to a section about a foot squared, allow it to completely dry before removing and then wipe of the dried residue carefully with a clean, plush microfiber polishing cloth. Then make sure you enjoyed that experience before going over the entire car.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Forgot to ask...

What are you working on?
            What condition is the paint?
            What are you trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Some seemed to use to rave about the durability of #16. I don't find #26 lasts too long.

I did try #16 last year. I still have my can.

Do you think that is accurate Mike that #16 would last longer than #26?

Comment

M16 does have a reputation of beading water for a long time but I've personally never tested M26 against M16 on the same panel. That's a pretty easy test that you could do and then post your results back here.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  M16 does have a reputation of beading water for a long time but I've personally never tested M26 against M16 on the same panel. That's a pretty easy test that you could do and then post your results back here.

Not an easy test for me since I'm always throwing a different wax on the cars every 1 to 2 weeks. ha-ha!!

I might try it sometime though.

Comment

I do not know why I have problems sending posts.

Duplicate the same:

First of all, thanks Mike for excellent explanation of all my confusion

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    What are you working on?
                    I am working on a black perl Audi A4, 2004 year.

What condition is the paint?
                    The paint is in almost perfect condition.
                    Look at the pictures in HERE.

What are you trying to accomplish?
                    Hmmmmm, this is quite a difficult question
                    First of all, my Audi is black perl colour - the color of a great potential.

I bought many products of Meguiars in U.S.:

(that is not all - some of them is for my friend).

I am trying to accomplish everything that is possible to draw with black color. In March I will go to the training of the Meguiars products to the Polish distributor. After that I will be using the Flex 3401 DA machine.
                    I will buy products from Proffesional line of Meguiars in near future but first just have to learn how to use them.

At the beginning I would like to go to my friend to do a all polishing process - when it does look like.
                    Then I will use products that are pictured in this order:

1. NXT Generation Car Wash
                    2. Claying
                    3. Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner
                    4. Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish
                    5. NXT 2.0
                    6. Yellow Wax (M26)
                    7. Ultimate Quik Detailer

All accessories used by Meguiars.
                    Skips on the list for cleaning the interior, tires, glass etc.

And then there is something beyond the topic - unfortunately I have to buy everything in the U.S. because in Poland the prices of those products are not acceptable.

Luke

Comment

One more thing - I wondering what will be better to use on my black perl colour after the NXT 2.0 - Yellow Wax M26 or Gold Class Liquid Car Wax ?
                      What do you think ?

Comment

I do not know why I have problems sending posts.

Duplicate the same:
                        Luka-

When users are new their accounts have automatic limits that make sure certain posts do not appear without direct approval from a moderator (like myself). This helps to keep spam and inappropriate things from making it into the forum.

When you post pictures or links and get a message telling you that you post is waiting approval, please, WAIT for approval and do not post it again. Your post is still there, it just needs to be approved. Please be patient and we will get to them as quickly as we see them!

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I did not know, I am sorry - my mistake.

I am an Admin in my forum (a4-klub.pl) and we do not have this sort of restrictions, but in my opinion this is a good thing

By the way - I advertise Meguiar's products on my forum - even there is a special thread on them
                          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Feb 28, 2009, 06:01 PM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts

Comment

One more thing - I wondering what will be better to use on my black perl colour after the NXT 2.0 - Yellow Wax M26 or Gold Class Liquid Car Wax ?
                            NXT(M21)/M26 is a popular combo.
                            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                            --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I did not know, I am sorry - my mistake.

I am an Admin in my forum (a4-klub.pl) and we do not have this sort of restrictions, but in my opinion this is a good thing

By the way - I advertise Meguiar's products on my forum - even there is a special thread on them
                              No worries! Just a friendly heads up

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');