• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tree scatches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tree scatches?

A few weeks ago I noiticed some fine scratches on the Snuglid on my truck bed, I kinda blamed my girl for it them I noticed when I back out of my garage there are, or were, some low hanging Live Oak tree branches, thats what caused them, I told her I was sorry..... a lot!

The scatches look bad but arent, cant feel them with the fingernail trip, so whats the best product to use to remove them? I do have the old version of the Meguiars DA Polisher and am getting ready to do the sping clay bar, polish, and wax anyway.

Thanks for any help, John
    2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson 100th Anniv. Ed

Re: Tree scatches?

Live Oaks are gorgeous trees. I planted one in the front yard when we moved to South Carolina. I knew I wouldn't be around to see it grow into the tree it will eventually become, but I felt like I was giving something to the future.

ScratchX 2.0 sounds like it might be the product for you, especially if you want to work on the scratches by hand before polishing out the rest of your car with your DA polisher (what polish will you be using?). See Ultimate Compound vs ScratchX 2.0.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Apply some ScratchX 2.0 to the scratched area. Should do the trick. If not, Try Ultimate Compound.

Trees are wonderful, don't cut it down or trim it up too much Even if it's not nice to your car lol
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
        Apply some ScratchX 2.0 to the scratched area. Should do the trick. If not, Try Ultimate Compound.

Trees are wonderful, don't cut it down or trim it up too much Even if it's not nice to your car lol
        Yep. Trees don't damage your car's finish intentionally. Unlike stray cats who coordinate Ninja jumps on your hood late at night, just to mess with you.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
          Yep. Trees don't damage your car's finish intentionally. Unlike stray cats who coordinate Ninja jumps on your hood late at night, just to mess with you.

Matt

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking ScatchX but wanted to be sure.

Dont worry, I just trimmed the Live Oak, I planted them 15 years ago, no way am I going to cut one down.
            2003 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson 100th Anniv. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
              Unlike stray cats who coordinate Ninja jumps on your hood late at night, just to mess with you.
              That's for sure! Cats are the enemy. We did not have a garage when we lived in New Jersey. They sure did a number on the hood of my Luthien. ERRRR!
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Never had that problem before
                Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                  Never had that problem before
                  That's because you are still a young whippersnapper! One day God will send cats, many, many cats, to sharpen their claws upon your car. And then you will understand.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');