• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl X; Color X; Deep Crystal Polish Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl X; Color X; Deep Crystal Polish Question

I have some light spider webbing on one of my vehicles and I would like to get rid of them. Which one of these products should I use that's listed above? After one of these products I was going to use the Deep Crystal Polish.
    I'm assuming that I would use Swirl X for this?

Now lets say I have some scratches I would like to try to take care of, would I then use Color X or Ultimate Compound? I'm kind of confused about where Color X would be used.
    I would like to stick to the consumer line so I can just go right out and buy them. I will be applying by hand and the vehicle is Black.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Swirl X; Color X; Deep Crystal Polish Question

I'm not sure exactly where ColorX sits in Meguiar's aggressiveness chart, but I am fairly sure that it has less cut than either Ultimate Compound or SwirlX. ColorX is a an all-in-one product: it removes oxidation and light swirls and leaves behind a layer of protection. It is often used as a maintenance cleaner wax for daily drivers. If your goal is to remove scratches and deep swirls, then UC would be your product of choice: Scratch Removed using Ultimate Compound; Ultimate Compound vs ScratchX 2.0.

Remember to do a TEST SPOT first.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Your processes would look like:

1. Clean - SwirlX, ScratchX 2.0, etc. Whatever was needed to remove your swirls.
      2. Polish - DC2
      3. Wax - 2 thin coats of your favorite wax

or:

1. ColorX
      2. Wax

So, it is kind of a time saver to use ColorX, but you will ghet the better swirl removal/cleaning from a dedicated product.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I need help and I hope it is ok to post my problem in this thread. Move it or delete it if you need to.

I thought that I got the materials that I needed to take care of my "light" swirl problem but after buying some 1000w halogen lights did I ever have a surprise. What I thought was only a few swirls turned out to be a lot of them. I tried a white polishing pad and Nano polishing creme with my PC which gave a very nice shine but the lights showed up the swirl marks. I didn't find any that I could feel with my fingernail, just can see them.

Which would best solve my problem--- going with a more abrasive polish or swirl remover, more aggressive pad, or??

I am new to this but I am retired and have the time to work at it with the PC. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Staring your own thread might be best incase this becomes a big topic..

Can you take any pic? What brand pads are you using?

From the website, it doesnt really seem to say how strong of a polish that NanoCreme is.... it could be fairly mild.

I'd be looking into #205 Finishing Polish as a starting point, or at least #80 Speed Glaze if you cant find the #205 there.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Will have to figure out how to post a picture. I am using Sonus pads and Malco Nano Care Polishing Creme. I will see if I can find the #205 Finishing Polish or the #80 Speed Glaze locally.

I started at speed 3 and worked the polish in the checker board pattern then moved up to speed 5 and repeated. Got a very good shine which was slick to the touch but the swirls showed up with the lights.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');