• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch before Gold Class Liquid Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch before Gold Class Liquid Wax?

Hi All,

My car has some very light dust, so I'm going to QD it with Last Touch. Can I follow with a coat of Gold Class liquid wax immediately after?

How will this effect:

- the optical clarity of the finish; and
    - the durability of the wax?

If Last Touch is likely to interfere with the wax, will an IPA wipedown before waxing help? I'm trying to save time by going straight from Last Touch to wax.

Thanks,

Nick.

Re: Last Touch before Gold Class Liquid Wax?

You should be fine applying Gold Class right after a LT wipe down. I've applied wax after a LT wipe down and didn't notice any effects on the wax.
    Scott

Comment

I would guess it would be fine as well... my guess is since Gold Class is a consumer line product there are some type of cleaners in it aiding in the application of gold class and removal of anything that may affect the wax bonding to the paint. Just my thoughts!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I do not recall reading, on any of the detailing forums I frequent, of anyone who has experienced bonding or durability difficulties with their waxes after a Last Touch wipedown. I do know that a few detailers avoid as much as possible any and all products with silicone, believing that the silicone interferes both with their polishing and with the durability of sealants and waxes. I do not know if this concern is scientifically warranted or not. A lot of people use quick detailers for claying and cleaning, most of which, I believe, contain silicone. Clearly most detailers do not experience problems.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

I've put #16 on after using Last touch and had absolutely no problems so I assume it would be no different using Gold Class

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
            I do not recall reading, on any of the detailing forums I frequent, of anyone who has experienced bonding or durability difficulties with their waxes after a Last Touch wipedown. I do know that a few detailers avoid as much as possible any and all products with silicone, believing that the silicone interferes both with their polishing and with the durability of sealants and waxes. I do not know if this concern is scientifically warranted or not. A lot of people use quick detailers for claying and cleaning, most of which, I believe, contain silicone. Clearly most detailers do not experience problems.
            I've sometimes thought Last Touch makes wax go away quite a bit quicker than say UQD. Only from observation, but interesting to hear some others might think the same.

Comment

Try not to overcomplicate something that's really very simple.

You can apply any of our waxes over any of our spray detailers and all products will perform great.

Here's a thread from 2004 that touches upon this topic,

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?

You're question is good but applying a wax after using any of our spray detailers is really not going to effect the performance of our waxes.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I actually went ahead with this last night and got one of my best results yet on my Holden Caprice.

That 2004 thread is very informative.

Cheers, Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicked View Post

I actually went ahead with this last night and got one of my best results yet on my Holden Caprice.
                  Good to hear! Thanks for the follow-up...

Originally posted by Slicked View Post
                  That 2004 thread is very informative.
                  Thanks for your feedback, quality information tends to endure over time... not always because of factors outside of our control, (for example product changes and new technology), but hopefully more often than not...

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');