• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painted Aluminum Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted Aluminum Wheels

I just bought an '04 Audi A4 3.0 with a factory suspension kit that includes 17" painted aluminum wheels. There is a great deal of brake dust generated. I want to find a wax or some kind of paint protection for this type of wheel that will make it easy to remove the dust and of course keep the dust from penetrating the paint. Any suggestions?

Re: Painted Aluminum Wheels

Originally posted by TopKat
    I just bought an '04 Audi A4 3.0 with a factory suspension kit that includes 17" painted aluminum wheels. There is a great deal of brake dust generated. I want to find a wax or some kind of paint protection for this type of wheel that will make it easy to remove the dust and of course keep the dust from penetrating the paint. Any suggestions?

Comment

I'm not an expert on this matter, but Medallian Premium Paint Protector has anti-static qualities to it...I would think that it would help repel brake dust.
      r. b.

Comment

Re: Painted Aluminum Wheels

Originally posted by TopKat
        I would apply two coats of Tech Wax to one wheel and then use a safe and gentle wheel cleaner on all four corners and see if you can tell a difference between cleaning the waxed wheel, versus the other three untreated wheels.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');