• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing oils in DC Polish and #80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing oils in DC Polish and #80?

What is a better polish as far as oils and appearance go? I know everybody is pretty fond of #80 being the last step before a LSP, but how does DC Polish compare to it? I know #80 can be used for corrective work as well, where DC polish cannot, but I am just looking at the "polish" aspect of each product.

It is getting close to my big spring detail and want to go all out adding in a pure polish step. I was just wondering if #80 or DC Polish would give me a better look? I know there may be better pure polishes available, but I want to use up what I have first! haha

Appreciate it!

Re: Polishing oils in DC Polish and #80?

DC2 is a pure polish and has no cleaning ability whatsoever and M80 is a 4 on the cut scale and is a cleaner and a polish. So if you need cleaning ability and want a polish and want to go staright to wax after it then M80 would be more ideal because it cleans and polishes in one step. If you wanted to use DC2 then you would do your paint cleaning/correction first then use the DC2. They both are for different people, since DC2 is in the consumer line and M80 is in the pro line. But i believe M07 show car glaze has the most polishing oils. so either one will work fine as a polish
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I understand how #80 has a bit of paint-cleaner use in it, but as far as the amount of the oils inside, which has more?

Comment

Both M80 and Deep Crystal Polish contain a rich content of polishing oils, if you want the polish with the richest content of polishing oils then pick up a bottle of M07 Show Car Glaze.

What are you working on?
        What are you trying to accomplish?

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I will be washing, claying, correcting (#83, Swirl X, Scratch X, etc...), and then after that I want to lay a polish as my last step before my LSP. I know M07 is the go-to glaze, but I was just trying to use up what I have before I buy anymore (Just put down about $200 in Meguiars products for this summer!). So with what I have as far as polishes go are #80 and DC Polish. So between them, I was just looking for which offered a higher content of oils. If both DC and #80 are that close as far as the content, then I will probably just pick #80 because of how good it smells...

Oh, and if it matters any, it is for a black sand pearl finish.

Comment

if i had to make an educated guess i would say that M80 has more polishing oils than DC2, but then again i could be wrong , i do know that i have tried both and they have given me good results
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

i think you should buy M80 rather than product that is a pure polish...because this is what I think, you never know what the condition of your paint after cleaning it with cleaning product such as M83, scratchX and so on, like in my car after i'm using M83 it leaves with micro marring than if i want a close to perfect finishing i can use product with little cleaning ability such as M80 but at the same time polish the paint too...it's just my oppinion

Comment

Originally posted by yga View Post
                i think you should buy M80 rather than product that is a pure polish...because this is what I think, you never know what the condition of your paint after cleaning it with cleaning product such as M83, scratchX and so on, like in my car after i'm using M83 it leaves with micro marring than if i want a close to perfect finishing i can use product with little cleaning ability such as M80 but at the same time polish the paint too...it's just my oppinion
                good point, very true indeed
                Nick
                815-954-0773

Comment

Originally posted by invertalon View Post
                  If both DC and #80 are that close as far as the content, then I will probably just pick #80 because of how good it smells...
                  M80 is very rich in polishing oils so for what you've described you want to do, go with the M80, if applying by hand use a foam applicator pad and a gentle touch, if applying with a DA Polisher stick with the yellow foam pads.

Pictures when you're done?

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');